3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 1

TheBestThereIs

Which combo do you guys reckon? & why?

MC

Murphy>Watson
Barlow>Gaff (Just)
Goodes>Martin (Just)

---> IMO Murph/Gaff/Goodes would be a better choice.

Talisman

Quote from: MC on February 17, 2012, 10:03:32 PM
Murphy>Watson
Barlow>Gaff (Just)
Goodes>Martin (Just)

---> IMO Murph/Gaff/Goodes would be a better choice.

You're kidding, right?!? Barlow JUST better than Gaff??? I want some of what you've been smoking! Seriously though, Gaff's a 2nd yr rook who barely had an impact last year in SC & was regularly used as the sub (possibly a role they like him in), whereas Barlow is an out & out star - had an absolutely rubbish year for him last year coming back from injury & still averaged apx. 20 ppg more than Gaff. Not to mention then fact that Barlow's 1st year saw him ave a SC-elite 116 ppg...

I think it may be fair to say that Murphy is better than Watson (although Watson is rapidly improving as an SC player) & Goodes is just better than Martin (though that could be debatable come years end), however, I think to say that Barlow is JUST better than Gaff is a complete fallacy - he is by far and away a better SC player than Gaff!! IMHO

MC

Barlow has played 22 games in 2 seasons, and has had a very unfortunate run with injuries. Undoubtedly has scored more that Gaff, and will again this year, however I don't see him coming in and scoring 110s from the get go. Gaff was substituted very often and that obviously had a negative impact on his scoring potential. As he moves into the best 22 this year, and with multiple opportunities through the midfield, Gaff will come in and score 90-95 with Barlow scoring 100-odd. This is my opinion, ergo: Barlow>Gaff (Just)

Talisman

Gaff: 90-95? Really? Very interesting take. That's the only point where we differ in opinion, as I agree that Barlow should ave. in the 100's (my opinion is high 100's though, 105-110). I guess time will tell - agree to disagree & at the end of the season we'll see where Gaff ends up! Cheers mate! Good luck for your season ahead :)

Capper

Murphy over Watson
Goodes over Martin

So Goodes, Murphy, Gaff

Usman

i know its not a combo but Murphy, Gaff, Martin would be best IMO