Sam Gibson
8 (20%)
Other - please specify
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

bottlemart

Quote from: Bruce McAvaney on February 16, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
Quote from: bottlemart on February 16, 2012, 12:32:49 AM
midield is being talked up as what should be amongst the very best in 2 years.

Quote from: bottlemart on February 16, 2012, 12:32:49 AM
Swallow, Wells, Harvey, Ziebell, Adams, Greenwood, Bastinac, Cunnington, and Atley

Doesn't impress me.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Sidebottom, Beams, Wellingham, Swan (is only 28 and his old man played until 36) should still have them covered without breaking a sweat. Stop over ratiing North.

Brisbane and Richmond's mids shower all over North. West Coast will be up there. In 2 years GWS will have 30-40 games in their guns.
Then why did North finish above richmond, brisbane, GCS etc, and run the eagles to 4 points in perth, when no one else could get close.  I heard the same crap this time last year, about how north would finish bottom 4, and that they are no good.  I hear it every year, and when they win everyone says it's because they play with passion and shinboner spirit.  What a load of crap.  Every team gives 100% every week.

Somehow in the past 40 years i've watched my club win 4 flags, which is up there with successful clubs such as carlton and essendon, and the only other club with more success is hawthorn.

Perhaps people just don't want to acknowledge norths on field success over thsi period, because the club has played finals a lot more years than they have missed them in this time.  Many at north are very optimistic about the future prospects of this great club.  2 flags in the 70's.  2 flags in the 90's.  This decade is still young, but who knows, possibly another 2 flag in the current decade.   lets just wait and see.

Bruce McAvaney

Haha their history in the past 40 years doesn't make the current midfield crop any better.

bottlemart

Quote from: Bruce McAvaney on February 16, 2012, 03:47:17 PM
Haha their history in the past 40 years doesn't make the current midfield crop any better.
Very good point Bruce.

They are only young though and will improve over time.

I remember in 1993 when north got flogged in a pre season game against the crows, there were some who said that the North team at the time containing Carey, Archer, Schwass, Scholl, Crocker, Martin, Blakey, Laidley, and co would never succeed. 

I also remember making a lot of money by backing North at long odds to make top 3 and top 6 that year and they finished 3rd.  $$$

It was back when times were tougher and you actually had to go to taberet to collect your winnings.  No computers or direct credit back then.

We will agree to disagree on this one.

SonsOfZeus

north wont make the 8 this year. there mids arent to bad(probs in the 7th-10th) range but apart from petrie the fwds are spuds and the defence arent much better.

why do you think that they can finish any higher than 9th. the comp wont change much again this year except fremantle will be 5th to 8th and west coast will fade a little also

bottlemart

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on February 16, 2012, 07:30:40 PM
north wont make the 8 this year. there mids arent to bad(probs in the 7th-10th) range but apart from petrie the fwds are spuds and the defence arent much better.

why do you think that they can finish any higher than 9th. the comp wont change much again this year except fremantle will be 5th to 8th and west coast will fade a little also
As I said SonsOfZeus, I have heard that north are no good, and also how they will fold and all this sort of garbage, probably for about the past 25 years, and it becomes a bit boring after a while.

Can they finish in the 8? Yes of course they can.

Will they finish in the 8?  maybe.  maybe not.  I don't know.  Nobody knows.  If anyone knew who was going to finish top 8, then they would be wealthy enough to not have to write BS on this site, and they probably wouldn't bother playing supercoach.

I never said North would make the 8 this year.  As I said before, there are 8 teams who finsihed below North on the ladder last year, none of those teams have a more successful recent premiership record than North, but some people really feel the need to put the boots into North at any given opportunity.  That's fine.  If their lives are such that they need to crap on someones team then I pity those people.

Their just another opinion, and at the end of the day, we all know that opinions are like A holes.  everyone has one.

Go Rooboys   

Wolf67

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on February 16, 2012, 07:30:40 PM

Sunday Herald Sun from last week says North will finish 8th.  The only changes from last year being Saints out to finish in 9th, and swans out to be replaced by dockers.

Wolf thinks North will finish somewhere in the middle of the ladder, either just inside or just outside the 8, somewhere between 7th and 10th.

Wolf also thinks he may watch the NAB cup before making any comments on rookies.  Gotta love Fox Footy and channel 504.