BARLOW a lock?

Started by fever, February 13, 2012, 06:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

naturally we'll write last year off.

i was hoping for a 3-3 prem/rookie midfield strat, but $450k is incredible if he can get back to his breakout year numbers. might sway me to a 4-2. i think having him as 1 of 3 prems is risky.

any word how he's travelling on the track?

Jay

Quote from: fever on February 13, 2012, 06:20:16 PM
any word how he's travelling on the track?
not too good apparently...will get back to ya with a source!

BGK

Ive heard courtesy of DT talk that he didnt go that flash in the intra club match. Really just need to wait and watch the NAB cup. if he looks to star i might pick him up but im leaning on the side of not having him.

Lions01

People are panicking way to much over Barlow, It was 2 people at the ground and they wrote an article for DT Talk. They done a great job and it gives everyone something to read but it's just opinions

It went along the lines of he looked like playing a more accountable role, but the positive was that he played almost all game in the middle. Freo were trialing few things with Ballantyne and a few other in the middle, Barlow may have taken a backseat somewhat to see how these experiments could work in the future 

BGK

Quote from: Lions01 on February 13, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
People are panicking way to much over Barlow, It was 2 people at the ground and they wrote an article for DT Talk. They done a great job and it gives everyone something to read but it's just opinions

It went along the lines of he looked like playing a more accountable role, but the positive was that he played almost all game in the middle. Freo were trialing few things with Ballantyne and a few other in the middle, Barlow may have taken a backseat somewhat to see how these experiments could work in the future

I agree but ive been thinking about leaving him out for some time. One good rookie season doesnt make him a premium mid. I will wait and see what his NAB is like but id rather have 4 premo mids from the start.

sliced ham

i would prefer andrew gaff. kid will be a star this year.

yorgis

barlow averaged 109 in 13 games in 2010 and 85 in 9 games in 2011 his combined ave over 22 games is about 89. good

average but not great for a mid. everyone is expecting him to come back and start scoring big 100's, he is not a proven dt

star and no one can say anything about his consistency. so, he really is'nt a lock, i believe most are selecting him because they

believe he will start pumping out those 100's. i hope so, but i'm still not convinced. others around his ave and price are, boak,

sloane, rosa , sidey, hartlett, sewell [ they're certainly not locks are they???

theta

which of these guys averaged 109 in their first season?

- also he wasnt anywhere near 100% last year.  By the sounds of things now he still isnt.

Not a lock, but close.

ando_10

Quote from: yorgis on February 13, 2012, 08:38:54 PM
barlow averaged 109 in 13 games in 2010 and 85 in 9 games in 2011 his combined ave over 22 games is about 89. good

average but not great for a mid. everyone is expecting him to come back and start scoring big 100's, he is not a proven dt

star and no one can say anything about his consistency. so, he really is'nt a lock, i believe most are selecting him because they

believe he will start pumping out those 100's. i hope so, but i'm still not convinced. others around his ave and price are, boak,

sloane, rosa , sidey, hartlett, sewell [ they're certainly not locks are they???

this is supercoach section pal.

he is a consistent sc scorer obviously not last year for obvious reasons but whos to say he cant return to that form ive actually taken hayes as my 4th mid.