Deledio v Broughton

Started by verda32, February 12, 2012, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verda32

An injured Deledio, adds doubt in my mind. At his price might not be worth the risk in the early rounds of the season. Better off going with a fit and firing Broughton and have $50k in the bank?

tor01doc

Is Broughton fit and firing?

Granted Lids may drop with tough draw, but is a more certain keeper.

Dudge

+ 1 less trade when Lids is firing

Kenny27

It is only a minor injury from all reports just keep an eye out on his progress if they declare him fit Rd 1 get on board save the trade, all this talk of richmonds tough draw is shower if you think Lids is a premium it wont matter he will pump out your 100 each week just like the prev years

jfitty

See what position Broughton plays during the NAB cup. If he mainly plays midfield he will easily match Deledio in scoring, making that 50k saving worth it

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Kenny27 on February 12, 2012, 11:29:53 PM
It is only a minor injury from all reports just keep an eye out on his progress if they declare him fit Rd 1 get on board save the trade, all this talk of richmonds tough draw is shower if you think Lids is a premium it wont matter he will pump out your 100 each week just like the prev years
+1

Quote from: jfitty on February 12, 2012, 11:51:33 PM
See what position Broughton plays during the NAB cup. If he mainly plays midfield he will easily match Deledio in scoring, making that 50k saving worth it
Barlow's back, Mundy's back, heck, half the Freo list is back.
In saying that, I honestly don't expect Broughton to be getting much more midfield time.

However, in all honesty, I really want Freo to win a flag - if only for Pav's sake. He's an absolute legend and been there for so long without one.
Sorry, I know, it's off topic, but I feel like letting some people know  :P

bottlemart

I replaced Lids with Broughton after the hamstring scare. 

I think the combo of the hammy and the tough tigers draw is enough for me to favour brouighton and make lids an upgrade target.

Usman

lids doesnt score worse against the top teams though if anything he scores better against better opposition. the back/hamstring scare was purely preventitive and he could play in the NAB cup but they are being cautious. He ran off the ground for christ sake. lids will avg 110+ this year i reckon, richmond need more firepower in the guts and have plenty of general defenders like him so he will play more midfield time and will dominate, he has to be picked he is an absolute lock.

Broughton on the other hand is by no means a lock he avgs about 80 as a defender and about 110 as a mid but. He is no way guarunteed midfield time under a new coach and mundy, barlow and even morabito coming back from injury and playing more time in the midfield. Watch his pre season and if he is playing in the midfield he will be a good pick, but i still dont think he will match lids anyway if he did. if he is playing in defense in pre season i wont go near him.

SydneyRox

That is the ultimate question with both these guys ( which role they will play ). But I dont see Lids getting spelt out at all in the NAB, if he gets a run at all.
My pic had always been Deledio but now I am leaning towards Heppell rather than Broughton. I dont really trust him or Lyon enough to give him a starting place in my team