1st draft: having many troubles

Started by Staggs, February 12, 2012, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggs

Hi all,

I can't seem to settle on my team and i don't know who to pick up and i have a few worries but it's early days yet.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, G. Broughton, B. Waters, T. Mohr, B. Smedts <L.Brown, B. Wilkes>

MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, D. Pfieffer <D. Shiel, T. Mitchell>

RUCK: M. Leuenberger, S. Jacobs <J. Giles, O. Stephensen>

FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, J. Winderlich, D. Zorko, A. Treloar <S. Kerridge, M. Panos>

Salary Left: $17,000

Worries: I have quite a few worries with this first draft of a side

(1): Im unsure if it is safe to take in 2 rookie spots in the backline, just wanna get some feedback on that one and if the popular pick of Wilkes is really worth it, is there better value in the backline cheapies
(2): my only DPP that is useable is Pfieffer to most of my forwards however i am not even sure if Pfieffer is off the rookie list yet, is there any Mid/Def i can sneak into the midfield or some better value Mid/Fwd
(3): The Forward line, Winderlich is a big reach for mine but its a risk im willing to take at that price, however am i a bit short in the forward line carrying in Robinson and Sidebottom as if they were premiums?
(4): The bye situation? i havent even made the team based on that so just review this on paper not in actual fact of taking into account the byes etc

Obviously this is all speculation as it is very early and the NAB Cup will show more to every but just looking for a bit of feedback, im sure plenty more tweaks will come in the coming weeks haha

Mr.Craig

1) I wouldn't necessarily say it's safe to have 2 rookies on the field in the backline but you don't have much choice unless you steal money from another position or take a punt on Marty Clarke. You are in the same boat as everyone else with that so I wouldn't sweat it, just keep an eye on them in the coming weeks. I'd be more concerned with the potential risks associated with Adcock, Waters and to a lesser degree Broughton.

As for Beau Wilkes, his Prospectus listing doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm but I guess he has to be looked at...

"Wilkes was delisted at the end of 2010 after 3 seasons on the West Coast's list. He spent last year at WAFL level with Claremont, playing at both ends of the ground, but it was as a forward that he excelled. Having started the year in defence he was moved into attack mid-year and booted 42 goals from his last 10 games, which included hauls of five or more goals in six matches. With the loss of Zac Dawson though, he's likely to take over the role of full-back".

DT Averages 2008-2010 AFL - 50 / 57 / 54 WAFL 2011 - 81

Fantasy Freako - "Has never been a great fantasy player, but he could be a cash cow early this season."

2) You could always stick Zorko and L.Brown into the mids. Not that many other options around, hopeful the NAB will throw up a couple of names.

3) I'd view Martin as a safer pick than Robbo.

4) Have you been using Fanplanner? I've found it the best way to keep track of any bye issues.