THIS IS PRETTY CLOSE TO NAILING IT AT THIS STAGE OF THE PRE-SEASON!

Started by mpollock, February 29, 2012, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

B: Scotland, H.Shaw, Suckling, Heppell, Clarke, Bugg, Morris (Darley, L.Brown)
M: Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Wingard, Zorko (J.McDonald, Magner)
C: Cox, Sandilands, (Giles, Big O)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Sidebottom, Smedts, Hampton, Weeden (Kerridge, A.Hall)

Zorko subject to fitness and Magner subject to rookie promotion.
Still watching the rest of the preseason for better rookies of course!!

Any feedback welcome!

quinny88

I like it!.. Very similar line up to mine
No goddard or deledio though? Imo the backline is the hardest position to pick this year due to the byes and the inconsistant players so make sure the 3 prems you have will all be deffinete 105+ players.
Suckling out for either lids or bj and your set!
If money is an issue there are lots of other ruck options you can downgrade to withought dropping many, if any points

Good luck 9/10

mpollock

Thanks ... really want to stick with cox and sandilands ... I think they will easily outscore any other ruckman and they are the only true set and forget 100+ guarantee.  Bench rucks are great cash cows or emg for bye/injury.

Went a little light in the backline to ensure I had 4 guns (or close to guns) in both backs, mids and fwds ... and 2 in the ruck.
Staying away from Deledio due to injury scare .. also doubt that 3 defenders will average over 105 ... based on last year anyway.

Would love to fit Goddard in somehow but not at the expense of Cox/Sandi.
I think a lot of people are going with gun/rookie in the ruck ... which gives me a massive advantage.

PICCOLLO

Sandicox will dominate but goddard MUST be in there.  Chappy to rob gray to scrape up funds? 
With god in there, 9.5/10 , as is 8.75/10.  Very good team.  Suckling to god a must tho.  Wingard unlikely to be more than sub r1 due to fitness.  Get a cheaper rookie for additional funds.

mpollock

Swapped the following:

Suckling for Goddard
Wingard for Gibson

Also swappend Weedon for Skinner ... Weedon looks great but his fitness concerns me and security in a good team.  Skinner should get games in the forward line for the dogs ... they don't have that many options really.

quinny88

Quote from: mpollock on February 29, 2012, 10:49:22 PM
Swapped the following:

Suckling for Goddard
Wingard for Gibson

Also swappend Weedon for Skinner ... Weedon looks great but his fitness concerns me and security in a good team.  Skinner should get games in the forward line for the dogs ... they don't have that many options really.

Very wise move move getting goddard in mate hes a must have. Side looks much better now.
Lids hammys arent an issue, its tightness and he will play rd 1 hes missed 4 out of a possibe 154 games, doesnt miss footy.. Although your choice of bj is better than lids
I disagree with u I think goddard and lids will both average 105 atleast this season and scotland and shaw will be there abouts aswell. But anyways your side looks prime now.. 9.5/10