Hi. Is this team good enough?

Started by Ratty, February 06, 2012, 10:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratty

Hi all
Just wondering on a few tips for my team. Especially some help with the rookies/first year players. Im not to sure what ones i should be picking up.
Bag the hell out of the team, any info would be awesome. 2nd year i really want to be on the improve this year.

Backs: Goddard Broughton Grimes Conca Hargrave Clarke Wilkes (Ellis Mohr)

Mids: Ablett Gibbs Bartel Hayes Barlow Coniglio (Horsley Mcdonald)

Rucks: Sandilands Giles (Longer Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin Fyfe Martin Rioli Sidebottom Winderlich Zorko (Treloar Rowe)

Ratty

does no reply mean its AWESOME!!!! hahaha

timbd

You probably want someone higher than a boot studder to reply but i have a few comments

i like your forwards except for winderlich, look to swap him

Mids i like except for hayes with injuries and barlow wih his lack of time on the field in the past couple of years, although he could be ok.

dont like conca in the backline and rucks are risky with sanidlands and injuries and giles not proven

a few swap outs i reckon you'll be right

Ratty

i swapped Conca for Suckling and Rioli for Christensen. Im going with Winderlich he is a great price for what he can do.
Rucks are a risk yes.
Hayes im still not 100% sold
cheers mate

stew42

Ok, here's a semi-detailed analysis.

Backs: god is good, but there is soooo much risk until M Clarke it's a wonder your head hasn't exploded under all the pressure. Broughton's role is under question (lockdown def or DT slut in the mids/half back). Grimes should be okay given his co-captaincy, but his body is more fragile than a new born baby. It seems that everyone in the AFL has been touted for more mid time (including Andrew Demitriou), with Conca at the top of the list. He is a no 1 draft pick, so you'd expect him to improve a bit. Hargrave, just no. He's past it, IMO. 6.5/10

Mids: ablett, yes. Gibbs, yes. Bartel, no. He won't be in the top scoring mids by seasons end, so why bother wasting a trade to upgrade him? Hayes, no, I don't trust a guy in his 30s after his second knee reco to be a gun. Barlow, yes. Coniglio, no. That's a fairly lazy pick, where you waste the 70k extra that should be spent on your mid-pricers for the sole reason of job security, which is based on the reasoning that he was a no 2 draft pick. Horsley, yes. McDonald, yes. 6.5/10

Rucks: sandi, hmmm... Yes just. He seems to have gotten over his turf toe, so you'd hope that he'd play more games. Giles, yes. Longer, no. He's a development project for the lions, who already have leuy and Hudson. Big O, yes. 7/10

Fwds: all yes except for Rioli and Winderlich. Rioli is too injury prone, and Winderlich hasn't played for ages, might be good as a downgrade target. OH and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DROP ROWE!!!!!!!! I would expect him to get Gorringe-like scores (ave of 30). 7.5/10

Overall. I don't really like your strategy. You've packed your team with mid pricers and expensive rooks, especially in your mids, where you should have three or four scoring 110+ per week. On top of this, you have gone for a one premo ruck line, which will kill you if any of them get injured... 6/10