Need help, Got $500 riding on this

Started by JKraz, February 06, 2012, 12:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKraz

BACKS Scotland, Goddard, Delidio, Duffield, Lake, Clarke, , Mohr...........Smedts Morris
MIDS Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Shuey, Shiel, (Koby) Stevens..........Sexton Couch
RUCKS Mummy, Burger......Stephenson Giles
FORWARDS Johnson, Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Shannon Byrnes, Zorko, treloar.......Saad Pfieffer

Free coin 22k

I need to confirm rookies Byrnes and Lake through NAB cup.....can swap Shuey for Barlow if I Dont like that move through the NAB cup but he killed preseason....killed it

Please comment on my team as I need to be as good as I can be to win a bet with my mate

Justin Bieber

Not bad. Get rid of shuey, duffield, lake and byrnes. All I can say.

valkorum

Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2012, 02:23:12 PM

Shuey could be a smokey for this year.  Stepped up last year and is a chance to step up this year.  Lake, if he can get back to previous form is well and truly under-priced.  Duffman has been training in that sweeping role and Ross Lyon has always got his backmen to score well in DT (just saying).

I also dont like Brynes.

In short Shuey, Lake and Duffman are risks but if they pay off it could be a significant point of difference compared to other teams.....  well, not sure about Lake as a lot of people appear to jumping on

Couch - I didnt think he was available to play this year?
Pfieffer - Still needs to be upgraded from rookie list.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on February 06, 2012, 02:28:23 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2012, 02:23:12 PM

Shuey could be a smokey for this year.  Stepped up last year and is a chance to step up this year.  Lake, if he can get back to previous form is well and truly under-priced.  Duffman has been training in that sweeping role and Ross Lyon has always got his backmen to score well in DT (just saying).

I also dont like Brynes.

In short Shuey, Lake and Duffman are risks but if they pay off it could be a significant point of difference compared to other teams.....  well, not sure about Lake as a lot of people appear to jumping on

Couch - I didnt think he was available to play this year?
Pfieffer - Still needs to be upgraded from rookie list.

True that. It's your opinion and I am basing this towards the choices I would make. I could easily say good to everyone and not provide assistance, but I try to actually tell them who to change. And I thought those players were too risky to play well.

JKraz

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. I traded out Couch...rookie mistake I think I got carried away there.

Lake and Byrnes for me need to play well in the NAB cup to justify being in the side for round one

Shuey, while he may not be in the top 6 mids by the end of the year but he is a unique and id say he can average 95...

Keen to see how the Duff man goes in NAB too with Lyons game style, can swap him for hanley if need be

valkorum

Quote from: JKraz on February 06, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. I traded out Couch...rookie mistake I think I got carried away there.

Lake and Byrnes for me need to play well in the NAB cup to justify being in the side for round one

Shuey, while he may not be in the top 6 mids by the end of the year but he is a unique and id say he can average 95...

Keen to see how the Duff man goes in NAB too with Lyons game style, can swap him for hanley if need be

If you think Shuey is only going to average 95 then he is not a keeper.  He needs to be treated like a cash cow and priced at 85'ish ($413k) its an expensive cash cow.  A 95 average would mean an increase of $50k - $70k'ish which doesn't make him priced high enough for a straight swap to a premium so it means a double trade - which makes him no better than a rookie (except you need less from your second trade).

If you think he is going to average 100 - 110+ then go for it, but if you think he is going to average <100 then I would stay away.

JKraz

Quote from: valkorum on February 06, 2012, 03:15:46 PM
Quote from: JKraz on February 06, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Hey guys,

If you think Shuey is only going to average 95 then he is not a keeper.  He needs to be treated like a cash cow and priced at 85'ish ($413k) its an expensive cash cow.  A 95 average would mean an increase of $50k - $70k'ish which doesn't make him priced high enough for a straight swap to a premium so it means a double trade - which makes him no better than a rookie (except you need less from your second trade).

If you think he is going to average 100 - 110+ then go for it, but if you think he is going to average <100 then I would stay away.

Hey mate, Thanks alot, Ill definately have to keep this in mind over the nab cup

Justin Bieber

Could I see an updated version? i'll tell you my thoughts again haha...

JKraz

Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2012, 03:25:37 PM
Could I see an updated version? i'll tell you my thoughts again haha...

JKraz
Bootstudder

Premium: +0/-0

Fantasy coach

View Profile Online

Need help, Got $500 riding on this
« on: Today at 12:56:58 PM »
   Reply with quote Modify message Remove this message
BACKS Scotland, Goddard, Delidio, Duffield, Lake, Clarke, , Mohr...........Smedts Morris
MIDS Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Shuey, Shiel, (Koby) Stevens..........Sexton, L.Brown
FORWARDS Johnson, Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Shannon Byrnes, Zorko, treloar.......Saad Pfieffer

Justin Bieber

Doyle

Quote from: JKraz on February 06, 2012, 12:56:58 PM
MIDS Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Shuey, Shiel, (Koby) Stevens..........Sexton Couch

Free coin 22k

I need to confirm rookies Byrnes and Lake through NAB cup.....can swap Shuey for Barlow if I Dont like that move through the NAB cup but he killed preseason....killed it

Please comment on my team as I need to be as good as I can be to win a bet with my mate

I usually don't bother much with this stuff, but since $500 and dignity are both on the line here goes...

SCOT, GOD and Lids are the obvious must-haves for the season, Duff is pretty interesting... I would recommend you going with Waters instead (check the bye clashes) who, in my eyes, will bounce back and have a solid season of 85-90 avg. Lake... I'm not convinced, but could pay off.

Top 3 midfielders, terrfic players, they are going to rip out huge scores, the only problem you're going to face is who to choose as captain  :o. What I don't like is the lack of the 4th premium, and I don't believe Shuey is one. Barlow is probably impossible to get because he shares the bye with Pendles and Swanny so keep looking, Hayes or Montagna are decent option who will score nicely. But to get these guys in, you need to produce some money from someplace else. I Don't know of a 'Couch' but if you meant 'Crouch" from the Crows, he's not going to play this year since he's only 17 or something along with O'Meara.

Mummy and Berger are solid options, and the bench is set as well.

Johnson is very expensive and you could unload him for a Robinson or a Zaharakis to get more cash and spend it in the mids. Goodes has never been a strong starter, so I'm personally going to get him midway where he usually carves up. Burnes is an interesting choice, I'm going with Winderlich.

Not bad, but you have a chance of losing a lot of money, think carefully and make changes  ;)

JKraz

Updated team fellas..tried to incorporate some suggestions.....if shower turns south with byrnes and the duff can get a rookie and premium  combo

BACKS Scotland, Goddard, Delidio, Duffield, Dochrety, Clarke, , Mohr...........Smedts Morris
MIDS Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Thompson, Shiel, (Koby) Stevens..........Sexton Brown

better?