All Premium Mids

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, January 03, 2012, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewY

Hoggyz_a_legend

I think at this stage I will keep Scotland. But if I decide to go back to 2 prem rucks, I will downgrade him and judd.

At this stage it's either my current set up, or downgrade scotland-> grimes, judd & martin for someone, then upgrade jenkins to prem.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Nathan Grima, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, (Brandon Ellis, Billy Smedts).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Michael Barlow, Kyal Horsley, Dylan Shiel, (Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh).

Rucks: Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Allen Christensen, Jason Porplyzia, Adam Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $14500

Made a few changes. Gone back to 2 prem rucks. Horsley is only going to stay if he gets promoted to senior list. Still a bit iffy on which of Murphy or Judd to have. Imo- Murphy's more consistent, but Judd has a much higher cieling. And I'm going to watch Christensen in the NAB Cup to see if he's likely to avoid the vests.

Should I downgrade Murphy to upgrade Grimes/Grima to Scotland? If so, which one should I upgrade?

Currently sitting on a 10/10/10 bye structure, so the 8/11/11 is pretty easily reached.

Hoggyz_a_legend

So I've decided to tinker around with my structure and seein how a 4 rookie ruck pans out:

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Reece Conca, Phil Davis, Marty Clarke, (Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Nick Dal Santo, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Piers Flanagan, (Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown).

Rucks: Jonathon Giles, Josh Jenkins, (Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Adam Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Billy Smedts).

Bank: $39200.

So on projected totals- Out: Grima (85), Smedts (70), Murphy (115), Horsley (75), Kavanagh (75), McEvoy (105), Jacobs (100), Christensen (85), Rowe (70) = 780.
In: Conca (80), Davis (75), Dal Santo (120), Flanagan (75), Selwood (115), Rowe (70), Jenkins (75), Johnson (110), Smedts (70).

So the scores pretty much offset eachother, the only worry is whether all four rucks will play enough to upgrade/downgrade.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Nathan Grima, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, (Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Leigh Montagna, Michael Barlow, Dayne Zorko, Dylan Shiel, (Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh).

Rucks: Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Winderlich, Jason Porplyzia, Adam Treloar, (Billy Smedts, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $14500

Made a few changes. Gone back to 2 prem rucks. Gone with a very high risk back and forward lines. Will most likely change, but will moniter all risky players in NAB Cup.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Nathan Grima, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, (Sam Darley, Beau Wilkes).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Leigh Montagna, Michael Barlow, Kyal Horsley, Dylan Shiel, (Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh).

Rucks: Shane Mumford, Ben McEvoy, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Allen Christensen, Billy Smedts, Dayne Zorko, (Adam Treloar, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $35400

I still dont know what ruck structure to go with. And itll change most days until rnd 1.

If Sam Darley can averge even 1/4 of the 287 he got a couple of years ago, id be more than happy.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Def: Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Nathan Grima, Billy Smedts, Brandon Ellis, (Sam Darley, Beau Wilkes).

Mid: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson,  Michael Barlow, Kyal Horsely, (Dylan Shiel, Elliott Kavanagh).

Ruck: Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Fwd: Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Adam Treloar, Tommy Walsh, Dayne Zorko, (Ariel Steinberg, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $1700.

I thought I'd have a play around with all premium mids team, and I think I've come up with something really good.

My only doubts are: maybe Montagna -> Rookie, have Shiel on the ground, and Jenkins -> Jacobs/Leuenberger.

Thoughts on the team and my doubts about it?

I switched Montagna-> Horsley, Jenkins-> Jacobs, Morris-> Ellis, Crozier-> Steinberg.

Ringo

mate you seem very unsettled with your team - quite a few changes on a daily basis.
Have you got a definite strategy in place because the comp is not won in round 1 it is a marathon.  Can I suggest that you work out what your final team going into the finals will look like and aim to have as many of those super prems from round 1 and then supplement with rookies who will make cash for upgrades,

BillyBeane

Brown and the Porpoise are just about finished. Unless there's real value or they're genuine stars like Franklin (who is more a running HF) I'd avoid key position fwds - theyre becoming dinosaurs in the modern game. As for Ringo's comment these teams are all just a work in progress - many people enjoy tinkering - nobody will settle on their rookies until very late in the day and given the bye situation your Rookie choice may influence other selections. Sometimes you learn a bit by toying with teams and posting them but you soon learn who's opinion is not worth sh$te. SC scoring rookies don't denote talent alone - more opportunity - it's finding guys that will get the opportunity to play. That sometimes doesn't make them better players than guys who get listed and never play. All of these guys can play and sometimes you need a little luck because AFL careers can be determined by just getting an opportunity - or a good injury run - or not. Some of these imbiciles posting comments wouldn't have ever played and think that SC or DT scoring denotes talent. I've seen CHF's get a handful of stats and have been the most important player on the ground because of their importance to the teams structure,control of their space, body work, leading, blocking, subtle palming to ground players and fwd pressure. The popularity of these fantasy games (and they are fun) often serves to highlight the football ignorance of many. Having said that - it is entertaining - I love geeks telling me how good a limited/fringe player at PA is because he scores ok. Keep the drivel coming.

Cheers

DCAK

Quote from: BillyBeane on January 22, 2012, 03:20:54 PM
Brown and the Porpoise are just about finished.

Yeah, people on the comeback trail from facial injuries are always relapsing aren't they? Or did the surgeon graft Max Bailey's ACL onto Johnno Browns jaw? Is that what you're saying?

PICCOLLO

J.Brown is 30 but fit and porps came off two years previous to shoulder, playing all most every game.
To say they're both finished is premature.

Hoggyz mate, have a think on your team and when it settles I'll check back and give you some input.  It's difficult to rate teams when you're changing them so much.  Really hard to follow the thread.  When you're happy with it, post the latest version.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Ok... I have pretty much landed on my team's structure. Finally!

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Hurn, Grimes, Lake, Ellis, Spurr, (Morris, Darley).

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, S.Thompson, Montagna, Barlow, Horsley, (Shiel, Kavanagh).

Rucks: Cox, McEvoy, (Giles, Stephenson).

Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Riewoldt, Brown, Walsh, Steinberg, Treloar, (Smedts, Rowe).

Cash: $11,800

The structure is pretty much finalised. The only things that could change are possibly downgrade Cox to free up some cash, and maybe Montagna-> Hayes, then upgrade one of my forward rookies. Or upgrade Montagna-> Dal Santo instead. But will be starting with 6 rookies regardless.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Ellis, Mohr, Darley, (Morris, Wilkes).

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Thompson, Barlow, Hayes, Shiel, (Horsley, Mitchell).

Rucks: Mumford, Stephenson, (Giles, Redden).

Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, N.Riewoldt, Brown, Hampton, Walsh, (Smedts, Treloar).

Bank: $127,200.

My pre-nab cup team is finallised. The only thing im not set on is either Hayes or Montagna. After seeing Hayes in the newspaper today, i have leaned towards him, but that could change. Opinions?

And would you go with Cox or Mumford as my premium ruck? I see mumford as having way more upside cos of his price.