Long time DTer, first time SCer.... HELP!!

Started by elephants, February 03, 2012, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

MastenBators v.2
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, J. Grimes, R. Conca, B. Ellis, T. Mohr (L. Brown, B. Smedts)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, M.Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (T, Mitchell, C. Hampton)
RUC: S. Mumford, H. McIntosh (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. Treloar, D. Zorko (M. Panos, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT:$10,600
Thanks.

Jay

Not a bad start mate...ill break it down by position

Backs: perfect apart from hurn,maybe get heppel in for him or if you wanted to go cheaper then grimes or lake would be worth a look.       also id get rid of wilkes for maybe luke brown from the crows

Mid: griffin is a no-no mate, not in sc anyway, better options out there...dknow about clifton on the field, but if you have faith in him then no probs

Rucks: jacobs-->l.berger if you have cash or mcintosh if you need the $$$

Fwd: widerlich is a risk, porps would probly be a better option, wouldnt go saad mate

8/10

elephants

browny_wce

LE I was in the same boat as you last year mate

never had done SC that seriously before but mates had work had a $20 buy in comp so I thought why not
I made the mistake of trying to go, what I thought were SC specific players, like Hurn, Cross, etc. and got made piss straight up.

remember that SC differs to DT in that stats can be effected by a players efficiency

though I think at the moment, keep a similar team to our DT lineup and then make changes to it through NAB as to players effiency (spesh the kids)

however a couple of players I did target last year were players like Priddis and Bolton as they lay so many tackles and get plenty of stats.
Bolton had a few massive scores then died in the ass though, Priddy served me well

elephants

Hurn to Grimes
Wilkes to Brown
Griffen to Murphy
Jacobs to Hmac
Winderlich to Zaha
Saad to Panos

I'll modify the first post :)

elephants

Jay

elephants

Having second thoughts on Conca... Maybe I should downgrade N Voldt to generate the funds for Conca -> Hanley?

Jay

I think mcintosh-->kreuzer mate! I dont mind conca, could be a good pick imo. But if you do want to get rid if him then maybe bring in lake or marty clarke? Ok this might sound weird but id trade pendled to jelwood...will save money and wont lose too many points imo, just a thought! Id consider getting rid of zaha as.well, d-mart would be a good one to grab

elephants