Heppel Vs Broughton

Started by m1tch robo, February 01, 2012, 11:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you have?

Heppel
Broughton

m1tch robo

I'm leaning toward broughton if ross lyon plays him through the mid, but then again heppel looks in good preseason shape

The_Captain

Quote from: m1tch robo on February 01, 2012, 11:45:23 PM
I'm leaning toward broughton if ross lyon plays him through the mid, but then again heppel looks in good preseason shape
+1

picker_man

ive gone heppell he should atleast keep his average but if the bloke improves by atleast 5points which he should he'll b a top 5 back, broughton all comes down to nab cup

Chelskiman

Think Hepps may be safer.  Brougton had some amazing games last year, but he also had some shower.  Don't think I can go through that again, lol.

SydneyRox

I dont have any faith in Heppel. I cant explain why. Broughton is a real chance for me, but where he gets game time in the preseason will be an issue. Mundy being under a little cloud might help him with some extra midfield time early on, but will that mean he goes back as the stopper later on? I am scared that broughton is going to become a carrots......

itchytradefinger

I like Heppell although I don't know a lot about Broughton. Heppell is a jet in the making and won't go backwards. He should build steadily on what he did last year. Looks as tough he will start to spend some time in the midfield this year (both Jobe and James have stated this last couple days).

Lions01

Heppell is a safe bet, couldnt imagine him going backwards which as picker-man said would most likely be a top 5 defender. Broughton is a risky pick, Lyon does like to setup from the back and doesn't mind the back waxing the ball which is good for DT. Both i think have the same upside but Heppell a whole lot less risk

Purple 77

Broughton for me. Heppell I think is risky given his age

chatters24

Heppell for me. I think he will blow the 2nd year rule out of the water. Broughton there are just too many question marks with in regards to his position.

Justin Bieber

elephants

Neither. Heppell if I had to choose.

Torpedo10

Heppell by a long way for me.

owenbond007

bang to hard to pick either one will smash it

Ziplock

should be a both and neither option

both have their huge upsides and downsides- heppell barely needs to improve to go premium, and if he can pull a martin/trengove is defs worth it, but he's a second year player (if you read into that). While Broughts could get a lockdown role and average 60s, OR he could get a midfield role (and has been training with the midfield group) and average over 100.

your call :P

Windigo

Broughton has the more upiside IMO.

As for Heppell I think you will get what you pat for but I dunno aabout THAT much improvement in his DT game this year. I could be wrong as he is a great player.

But I have Broughton in my side. If Spurr plays it could free up Broughton for some mid time? Also it would help if Duff_Man got some form back.