Main Menu

Proving people wrong again

Started by TheMailman, February 13, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: quinny88 on November 07, 2012, 01:46:13 AM
Haha just had a good laugh reading through all of the bold statements made for and against Sydney and other teams..

Hindsights a wonderful thing though! How wrong we can all be.

Nothing to be ashamed of though and those pointing out everyone's past comments should consider some of the statements that they would have made themselves. We would all have egg on our face if we dug up past comments we made
I for one can admit I never saw Adelaide finishing top 8 let alone 2nd
I definitely didn't see Sydney winning the flag
I didn't see Watson winning the brownlow
I didn't see Carlton dropping out of the 8

I would have happily bet any money that none of these would have happened.

Everyone including the AFL greats, and expert journalists and commentators all get it wrong very often. AFL and sport in general is all based on week to week opinions. Theres no shame in it, its great how passionate AFL supporters are and all have an opinion on everything.
Yeah, I wouldn't bag somebody out if at the start of the season they said "I think Sydney will finish 6th" or 8th or whatever, but FARK said amongst other degrading things, that 'Sydney are the laughing stock of the AFL'.
He insulted our club, and for that, I think he deserves to cop a bit of flak after we won the flag.

Ziplock

really? I was pretty positive adelaide would finish top 8.

Although, they finished 3rd, not 2nd (since for the top 8, final positions and subsequent draft orders are determined on how you go in finals). I didnt see them finishing that highly though- tbh I thought they'd scrape into 6th because of their easy draw.

SydneyRox

Love your work chumps... Fark is a bit quiet!!

Of the things you said Quinny, I would have had the crows top8 and watson was always a good bet for a brownlow.

Sydneys flag and Carlton out of the 8 would have been a very big call at the start of the season.

quinny88

Yeah, well those were just  a couple of examples off the top of my head, there were 100 other things I didn't see coming as there are every season. Perhaps people saw Adelaide finishing top 8 but no one saw them finishing 2nd on the ladder, not even the most one eyed Adelaide supporters (like tbag lol)

Ah well perhaps FARK deserves a spray then lol carry on

Justin Bieber

Why do I get notifications for this thread?!!?!?!

SydneyRox

Quote from: whatlez on November 08, 2012, 07:57:38 PM

You get notifications for all Sydney threads because Sydney is AWESOME!!

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 08, 2012, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: whatlez on November 08, 2012, 07:57:38 PM

You get notifications for all Sydney threads because Sydney is AWESOME!!
lol!

Whatlez wants to be a Swans supporter!!!  ;)