A bit of fun

Started by cortez, February 03, 2012, 12:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Just thought it would be a bit of fun and interesting to see who people would pick for a starting team if there was no salary cup so basucally who you think will be the best 7 defenders, 6 mids, 2 rucks and 7 forwards. Here is mine:

B: Goddard,Deledio, Scotland, Heppell, Shaw, Grimes, Fisher
M: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Selwood, A. Swallow
R: Sanilands, Luenberger
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Chapman, Rioli, Martin, Fyfe

If you dont like the idea let me know and ill remove it. Hope you have a bit of fun with it tho.

S_Coach99

cortez

Presto

Wasted my time just looking at the thread and then wasted some more in making this comment

cortez

Sorry bud but i thought people would like to see who other people thought were elite prems in each position.  You flowwring w@nkâ,¬r!!!

AndrewY

Nice mind reading there cortez. You have announced my round 16 team. Now everyone knows. Still nicely predicted tho.

cortez

A lot of things change between now and then tho. Its just a pre season prediction. Dont see what everyones problem is ...

Purple 77

Goldstein me thinks trumps berger, but only just. I have berger on my team  :)

Quote from: AndrewY on February 03, 2012, 03:50:05 PM
Nice mind reading there cortez. You have announced my round 16 team. Now everyone knows. Still nicely predicted tho.

Ha ha lol

Purple 77

And Broughton instead of Heppel, dont trust those second year players, only a handful a year seems to improve or stabilise  8)

specky92

IMO i would just change the rucks to Goldstein and Cox other than that its pretty good

Talisman

Nice team!  ;)

But no love for the big Mummy?? Quality player who can really dominate for the Swans & even if he doesn't, he rarely has a shocker - always a solid contributor - only 3 scores below 90 last year (which were 69, 70 & 71). As long as he doesn't get suspended (again) & he's over his knee problems from last year, he could well be the dominant ruckman of the AFL... Don't forget that last year was only really his 3rd full season (and even then 2009 was at Geelong where he was obviously not considered in the top 2 ruckmen at the club as he didn't play finals) - and in those 3 years his average has gone up every year. He's a competitive beast who loves the tight confines of the SCG & he is moving into the absolute prime of his career at 25 years of age.

Sorry - a fairly long-winded way of making my point there! Anyway, I am obviously looking very hard at Mummy in 2012!

(P.S. Would love to jump onto the Goldstein band-wagon, but with all the noise about HMac, I'm actually worried about him stealing points from Goldy... No chance of that with Mummy - who's his biggest rival... Seaby? Pyke? White? Seriously?!?)

the flying hawk

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 03, 2012, 08:37:39 PM
And Broughton instead of Heppel, dont trust those second year players, only a handful a year seems to improve or stabilise  8)

Im with purple, not many second year players improve or stay the same in their second year. Too risky for me. So Broughton instead for mine