Rookie Midfield and Super Backline

Started by Master Q, February 02, 2012, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Haven't done a ton of research and I am aware that it will need to be fixed up a little  :P  Thoughts?

TheMailman

Much more interesting than my team  :o

Have you tried this combination before?

I can't really fault you except I'm not sure how it would turn out.

You'd have to make sure that your midfield is guarrenteed 15+ first half games but I'm sure thats obvious

It might be hard for Smedts to break consistantly into the geelong lineup and Porps' injury record isn't great

But otherwise good :)

Master Q

Quote from: TheMailman on February 02, 2012, 07:07:21 PM
Much more interesting than my team  :o

Have you tried this combination before?

I can't really fault you except I'm not sure how it would turn out.

You'd have to make sure that your midfield is guarrenteed 15+ first half games but I'm sure thats obvious

It might be hard for Smedts to break consistantly into the geelong lineup and Porps' injury record isn't great

But otherwise good :)
Thanks for the advice  :)

Never tried it before  :-\ Rookies are just there for now, just waiting till NAB cup to see who will play and what not.

Hmmm yeah I didn't really want Porps but there isn't much choice  :-\

And suggestions for Smedts?

Windigo

Smedts was talked up by Joel Selwood on the local news last night. Saying he'll get game and his a good young player etc.

I'll get him in when I make my team again.

Justin Bieber

Wow the backline is great and stacked. But you do need at least one more prem mid.

Master Q

Quote from: whatlez on February 02, 2012, 08:59:35 PM
Wow the backline is great and stacked. But you do need at least one more prem mid.
I could just move Pav there  ;)

AndrewY

Looks a good start up. I would just watch the GWS rotations in you mid, especially after the first bubble in round 3. Rooks are rooks wherever they are on the field so your unique approach may just be the quickest cash grab I have seen. Very nice work.

ScoreGasm

In a bit of trouble when the byes come around?

Matticus

Well if it pays off you will not know what to do with the cash they should make.  ;D

Master Q

Quote from: ScoreGasm on February 02, 2012, 10:06:07 PM
In a bit of trouble when the byes come around?
I haven't taken byes into account yet  :) Can't judge Rookies yet any way  :)

Quote from: AndrewY on February 02, 2012, 09:29:29 PM
Looks a good start up. I would just watch the GWS rotations in you mid, especially after the first bubble in round 3. Rooks are rooks wherever they are on the field so your unique approach may just be the quickest cash grab I have seen. Very nice work.

Thanks  ;)

Spite

I went with swan in the mids with all rooks and a solid backline/forward line with mumford/mackintosh equivalent in the ruck last season, and was sitting near the top 1k for the whole season. So the tactic definitely works but the key is to not be stingy on your midfield rookies. May want to squeeze coniglio in there to help out. :) Loving the tactic though :)

FRAZLER

Unique idea of stacking the backline. All stars down back but I would personally downgrade one back to a rookie.I'm not sold on birchAll just yet. Use the money to get one more premo mid. Barlow represents great value and I think will average 110+ so maybe look at him.               
Awesome rucks.
Having both brown and porps is a risk but could pay off nicely

Jimbo_11

very stacked backline and will be great, except for the fact that you have god, lids, scotland and birchall, all who have the round 13 bye so may need to make some adjustments, maybe get enright or adcock in there so you wont cop a donut
i liek your mid strategy  and definitely the best rooks are in the mids and that way when you upgrade you have more choice in your mids an you can get the best mids by years end rather than staying with the ones you chose a the beginning
pretty standard rucks
stacked forwards as well, no so sure about beams yet given his price tag, maybe worth a look as an upgrade, sidebottom is 60k cheaper and will probably have similar scoring output.
pav is ever reliable and with the return of barlow and mundy, he should be able to go back to his much loved half forward spot where he has dominated in dt for so many years
good rookies, id choose ellis over morris personally, but just watch nab cup and pick the best rookies come round one

Master Q

Thanks for the advice guys  ;) I've made some adjustments and will post the team later  ;)