Is this team a champion team or a team of chumps? You be the judge!

Started by Big_Cox14, February 04, 2012, 01:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_Cox14

Now that I've got your attention here is my team:
Salary remaining for tinkering $61,100

The Team:
D: Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Hanley, T Armstrong, Buntine, M Clarke (B Ellis, Darley)
M: Pendles, Boyd, M Murphy, Barlow, Wingard, Shiel (J McDonald, T Mitchell)
R: Leuenberger, Mumford (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Chappy, Zaharakis, D Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer, Treloar (Zorko, Smedts)

Jimbo_11

nice backline, i like the unique of tony armstong, could potential be one of the years best pickups, keep an eye on nab cup to see where he plays and if he will get games
solid mids, i cant believe im saying this but boyd is a great smokey as not a lot of people have been picking him up this year even though he is definitely amoung the top 5 midfielders atm
i have the exact same rucks so nice work there :)
good forwards, not too sure about chappy though abd how his aging body will hold up with all his previous injury concerns, he probably wont last the whole year without a couple of injuries and you want your most expensive forward to being playing for the whole year
overall good rookie choices, but, as for everyone else, watch nab cup and make adjustments where needed :)
good solid team!

Big_Cox14

Thank you Jimbo for your feedback.
I've considered Tony Armstrong as Sydney have a good record with recycled players.
I'm surprised Boyd is a smokey. He's usually one of the first picked in my DT.
I understand the injury concerns with Chappy but have heard that he has been training the house down this year and if he stays injury free will be one of the top scoring forwards in the comp.
Of course I'll check out the nab cup to suss out any "hidden gems" and to remove any players that are in struggletown.

yorgis

like armstrong and hanley selections but it bloody annoys me when people say chaps is injury prone. he's missed 3 games in

the last 2 year [ tell me which players have nt missed a couple, buddy 8, sj 5, nroo? ]

Big_Cox14

Well I'd still rather have Chappy than Buddy in my team. Buddy will probably miss more games this year to suspension than Chappy will for getting injured  ;D