Heppell or Enright

Started by ELLsendon, February 02, 2012, 03:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELLsendon

ELLsendon

cortez

Heppell is on the up and enright is still a prem but for how much longer we dont know. Im tipping both will average around in same in the low 90s. But since heppell is cheaper id lrobably take him.

jasonweare

at the moment I have both. But enright could become shaw

upthemaidens

well  enright is a proven year in year out premium,,  heppell  isnt,but he is alittle cheaper

enzedder

Purple 77

Really dont trust second year players, only a small handful per year seem to keep improving or stay the same.

Enright is a proven player, but its always hard to pick an ageing player. Still think he'll score like he has for at least one more year IMO

MontyJnr

Heppell won't be a top 7 defender by the end of the season, so why pick him up at such a big price?

cortez

Why wont he? Hasnt got many bombers stealing points, has bulkes up, another preseason under his belt, more time in midfield. Abd dont say second year rule cause there was a bloke last year named nat fyfe and the year before in tommy rockliff

Purple 77

Quote from: cortez on February 03, 2012, 11:26:47 PM
Why wont he? Hasnt got many bombers stealing points, has bulkes up, another preseason under his belt, more time in midfield. Abd dont say second year rule cause there was a bloke last year named nat fyfe and the year before in tommy rockliff

Time will tell, just don't think Heppell will improve enough to justify price.

ando_10

there is no second year RULE anyway.. its a myth as you said a few players have proven that wrong.

its a coin toss for me i have heppel at the moment

Purple 77

Quote from: ando_10 on February 04, 2012, 01:45:12 PM

there is no second year RULE anyway.. its a myth as you said a few players have proven that wrong.

its a coin toss for me i have heppel at the moment

The 2nd year rule is that in general, players don't improve enough to justify there high start up cost. Only a max 4-5 genuine 2nd players to choose every year from the dozens of choices... Heppell could be one of those 4.