A Slightly Different First Draft

Started by gotheroos!, February 01, 2012, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotheroos!

Hey guys! Here's my first draft. A ittle different as i've gone for a heavy midfield as i see that as the position where the most amount of points can be gained.

BACKS: Goddard Shaw Broughton Drummond Lake Bower Mohr (Brown Morris)
MIDS: Ablett Murphy Swallow J.Selwood Barlow Shiel (Zorko Allen)
RUCKS: Mumford Giles (Derickx Daw)
FWDS: Goodes Rioli Martin Brown Christensen Pfeiffer Saad (Folau Dick)

got $15k in the bank.

Got a few gambles there.
As stated earlier i've gone with the strong mid policy. Also, I've taken a gamble with Drummond and Lake as they have proven to score well and reckon both could do really well as they've dne in the past.
Mids are all decent players.
Rucks, Mummy is very good and probably my cpatain gwk1! SEcond ruck is Giles as he's cheap and should start for GWS. Using the money saved elsewhere as I'm only missing out on about 40 points by not getting HMAc or L.Berger and can probably bring them in later on in the season.
Forward Line is pretty standard but Rioli over Franklin as I can do with the extra money!

Thoughts? thanks for your input!

gotheroos!

gotheroos!

Luigi197

Back is pretty good, although risky having all 3 of Drummond, Bower and Lake. Not all of them are destined to come-back in form and from injury. I think i would rather a starting rookie in there; but you could leave as is if you prefer.
I like the mids, nothing wrong there.
The rucks are interesting. Haven't seen Mummy in a lot of the teams, plus this is one of the first where the bench combo is Giles/Stephenson. May i add that Daw and Derickx have been on the team list for over a year and have not played much AFL footy.. at all. I'll leave you with that for your rucks.
The fwds are just a tiny bit iffy, as one of Christensen and Brown could be turned into a premium for extra beef in that line, but i see where the cash has been spent, and dont mind the tactic.
But make sure if you stack the midfield, stack it well!

Rate your team: 8.5/10
Quite a good effort, watch the NAB Cup! :)

gotheroos!

thanks yeh. i hope the midfield does well. rucks, mummy can score 160+ on his day and that is equal to 2 average players!

Luigi197

Quote from: gotheroos! on February 01, 2012, 09:00:23 PM
thanks yeh. i hope the midfield does well. rucks, mummy can score 160+ on his, out of the ordinary against bottom teams with no ruckmen days, and that is equal to 2 average players!

Lets not over egsadurate ;)
But i would be fine with him. Am actually quite stumped on rucks TBH  :-\