Rate the Doc's DT!

Started by stew42, February 01, 2012, 03:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

BACKS
Brendon Goddard, St Kilda ($474,200)
Averaged almost 96 last year despite starting in ordinary form. Guaranteed performer.

Brett Deledio, Richmond ($452,100)
Controls the Tigers' back half and is trusted with the ball. Also a dual position player.

Beau Waters, West Coast ($338,200)
If he can return to full fitness, expect him to again average above 85, like he did in 2010. 

Jack Grimes, Melbourne ($329,400)
A frustrating pick who I'll give another chance. Hopefully his body holds up.

Brian Lake, Western Bulldogs ($255,200)
Another risky pick. I'll give him the NAB Cup to convince me he's back.

Martin Clarke, Collingwood ($141,500)
Expect him to fill the position vacated by Leon Davis at the end of last season.

Brandon Ellis, Richmond ($116,700)
Built like a man and seems ready to play. Won't be daunted by first-year challenges.

Tomas Bugg, Greater Western Sydney ($104,200)
Classy defender who has a keen eye for the ball. Is well regarded at the club.

Steven Morris, Richmond ($104,200)
Versatile Tiger who will step straight into AFL football in defence and through the midfield.

MIDFIELDERS
Dane Swan, Collingwood ($598,300)
Perhaps the best Dream Teamer ever. Still a must-have.

Scott Pendlebury, Collingwood ($576,900)
The top point-scorer of 2011 and a star of the competition. Worth the hefty price.

Gary Ablett, Gold Coast ($554,700)
Everyone thought he might struggle at the Suns and he went on to average 112 points. Enough said.

Michael Barlow, Fremantle ($424,800)
Expect the Freo midfielder to get back to his first-year heroics.

Dom Tyson, Greater Western Sydney ($170,700)
Taken at No. 3 at last year's NAB AFL Draft and should slot into the Giants' starting team.

Dylan Shiel, Greater Western Sydney ($104,200)
The one Giant you just need to pick. Averaged 96 at state level last season.

Luke Brown, Adelaide ($98,700)
The Crows expect the midfielder to play a significant portion of the season.

Tom Mitchell, Sydney Swans ($98,700)
The Swans aren't renowned for playing their youngsters but he might be an exception.

RUCKS
Dean Cox, West Coast ($532,000)
Still the premier ruckman in the game. Averaged 107 last year and played every game.

Zac Smith, Gold Coast ($355,400)
A nice understudy to Cox who could lift his average above 80 this year. 

Jonathan Giles, Greater Western Sydney ($117,800)
Likely to hold down the position as No.1 ruckman for the Giants and is cheap.

Orren Stephenson, Geelong ($98,700)
A few injuries in the Cats' big man stocks means the veteran might get his chance.

FORWARDS
Steve Johnson, Geelong ($530,000)
The Geelong star finds the ball, is creative with it and kicks regular goals. A perfect fit.

Lance Franklin, Hawthorn ($503,000)
What can you say? Perhaps the most destructive player in the game. Does it all. Pick him.

Nathan Fyfe, Fremantle ($486,600)
Last year's Dream Team sensation will hopefully perform to the same level again.

Dustin Martin, Richmond ($442,500)
A forward/midfielder dual position player ready to explode. Will be one of the most popular players in the competition.

Jason Winderlich, Essendon ($246,100)
Back from injury and hopefully straight back into form. See how he goes in NAB Cup.

Shannon Byrnes, Geelong ($197,900)
Has scored well in the past and is ultra-cheap. Give him a chance.

Darren Pfeiffer, Port Adelaide ($117,800)
Likely to find a lot of opportunities as a mature-age rookie at the Power.

Adam Treloar, Greater Western Sydney ($104,200)
Exciting youngster who was one of the first Giants signed as a 17-year-old.

Dayne Zorko, Brisbane Lions ($104,200)
22-year-old Lion set to make an impact at AFL level after excelling in the NEAFL last year.

He clearly doesn't use FanPlanner, and he didn't say how much cash he had left

Windigo

Byrnes is an alright smokey I reckon.

Ziplock

In a legible format

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)
Mids: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Barlow, Tyson, Shiel (Brown, Mitchell)
Rucks: Cox, Smith (Giles, Stephensen)
Forwards: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Winderlich, Byrnes, Pfeiffer (Treloar, Zorko)

Analysis:
Backs: God + Lids are gimme picks. Then any one, or even two, of Waters, Grimes and Lake would be interesting mid price selections for underpriced premiums. But all three? Why don't you pick connors + Davis + Drummond as well, and just shoot your backline in the head. Comeon. Also noticeable that he has 3 richmond players (albeit two rookies)

Mids: Two of the highest averaging players, then Ablett + Barlow isn't exactly a unique line up. It's just a standard cookie cutter mid with Shiel  + Mitchell as well. Tyson + Brown are slightly more unique, I haven't head much about brown, but have heard some really good wraps on tyson.

Rucks: The highest averaging ruck + the best first year ruck of 2011. I think he's going to find himself disappointed when cox's average slides 5 or more points, and smith only ups it to low 80s. Giles + Stephensen are standard picks.

Forwards: All aboard the stevie J rollercoaster! Seriously, the guy pull out 70s like a magician pulls out rabbits, he's at a max price, and will definitely come down. I would way prefer a chapman, who's at least underpriced and still a 100+ player. Buddy is standard. Fyfe has had two off season surgeries. Martin is a gimme. Winderlich is an interesting one, and could very well have a premium average. Although, he is coming into his 10th season, and has never played a full 22, averaging less than 11 games per season. Byrnes is in a similar boat, although a little more durable, with lower scoring potential. Both warrant consideration though.

I give it a 6 out of 10. Whether that's harsh or generous, I don't know. I subtracted 2 points from the backline risk + have 3 richmond players, the mids were fine, albeit generic. A point from Smith, the second year player rule will probably hold out for him pretty solid. And a point from the forward line for injury prone players + fyfe coming off an interrupted pre-season + a fully priced stevie J.

Tbh, not a BAD team, but honestly, I can't see it rating higher than a 7.5 (albeit, not lower than a 5 either).

It's just the type of team you don't want to see from a 'professional'. 

oc16

QuoteIn a legible format

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)
Mids: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Barlow, Tyson, Shiel (Brown, Mitchell)
Rucks: Cox, Smith (Giles, Stephensen)
Forwards: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Winderlich, Byrnes, Pfeiffer (Treloar, Zorko)

Analysis:
Backs: God + Lids are gimme picks. Then any one, or even two, of Waters, Grimes and Lake would be interesting mid price selections for underpriced premiums. But all three? Why don't you pick connors + Davis + Drummond as well, and just shoot your backline in the head. Comeon. Also noticeable that he has 3 richmond players (albeit two rookies)

Mids: Two of the highest averaging players, then Ablett + Barlow isn't exactly a unique line up. It's just a standard cookie cutter mid with Shiel  + Mitchell as well. Tyson + Brown are slightly more unique, I haven't head much about brown, but have heard some really good wraps on tyson.

Rucks: The highest averaging ruck + the best first year ruck of 2011. I think he's going to find himself disappointed when cox's average slides 5 or more points, and smith only ups it to low 80s. Giles + Stephensen are standard picks.

Forwards: All aboard the stevie J rollercoaster! Seriously, the guy pull out 70s like a magician pulls out rabbits, he's at a max price, and will definitely come down. I would way prefer a chapman, who's at least underpriced and still a 100+ player. Buddy is standard. Fyfe has had two off season surgeries. Martin is a gimme. Winderlich is an interesting one, and could very well have a premium average. Although, he is coming into his 10th season, and has never played a full 22, averaging less than 11 games per season. Byrnes is in a similar boat, although a little more durable, with lower scoring potential. Both warrant consideration though.

I give it a 6 out of 10. Whether that's harsh or generous, I don't know. I subtracted 2 points from the backline risk + have 3 richmond players, the mids were fine, albeit generic. A point from Smith, the second year player rule will probably hold out for him pretty solid. And a point from the forward line for injury prone players + fyfe coming off an interrupted pre-season + a fully priced stevie J.

Tbh, not a BAD team, but honestly, I can't see it rating higher than a 7.5 (albeit, not lower than a 5 either).

It's just the type of team you don't want to see from a 'professional'.

+1

Mr.Craig

Zac Smith? Cracker please...

The rest of it looks fine, apart from all the risky picks that will fail.

DT Gun

his team is actually good!

Some smokies with some guns!

Only thing i see is he has swan pendles barlow with round 12 byes

PowerBug

Quote from: DT Gun on February 01, 2012, 08:22:29 PM
his team is actually good!

Some smokies with some guns!

Only thing i see is he has swan pendles barlow with round 12 byes
He must not care then. :-\ If he did, Swan, Boyd and GAJ might have been there. :)

Not a bad side, but it'll change a fair bit.

ShaynoB

U love the word 'albeit' dont ya Zip  :D. hehe

yeah its an ok team but like ppl have already said not what u work expect from a "premium" DTer. he has had as long as everyone else to c the byes so maybe he should have included them, spec if he is getting paid to do it.