Top 10 Defenders... Who will they be?

Started by Bruizer81, January 31, 2012, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruizer81

With a lot of the premium defenders having question marks over their heads in recent times, who do people think will be the top defenders this year?
I don't see many teams with Newman, Enright, Fisher, Scotland etc who were all Top 10's last year.

Are the only reliable defenders this year at this moment Goddard and Deledio?

I am considering only picking 3 premiums, an injured ex premium (Lake, Grimes etc) and 3 starting rookies.

This allows me to bolster midfield stocks to 4 or possibly 5 premiums...

Thoughts???

AndrewY

Looking at Suckling , R. Shaw and his bro Heater

Swallow12

H Shaw has had surgery and may start slow, R shaw isnt a premium,  Suckling is a good pick, however there is talk of a role change to the wing which may hurt his scores as hawks chip around a lot in the backline

Bruizer81

Only Goddard and Lids for me locked at this stage

4 premium midfielders and Hayes as a 5th looks tempting at the moment

dmac07

Have goddard, deledio and heater at the moment, with lake and 3 rookies. Not sold on many back premiums and this allows me 4 mid prems, 4 fwd prems and 2 ruck prems which im pretty happy with. Backs will be first upgrade but not osld on the likes of broughton, enright, suckling, newman and co. Some out of that lot will be guns again, but would rather settle for a reliable premium elsewhere and upragde my backs.

Bruizer81

Quote from: dmac07 on January 31, 2012, 11:50:46 PM
Have goddard, deledio and heater at the moment, with lake and 3 rookies. Not sold on many back premiums and this allows me 4 mid prems, 4 fwd prems and 2 ruck prems which im pretty happy with. Backs will be first upgrade but not osld on the likes of broughton, enright, suckling, newman and co. Some out of that lot will be guns again, but would rather settle for a reliable premium elsewhere and upragde my backs.

Very fair statement - I will be upgrading my back men once we get into the season a little more

dmac07

Yep, first upgrades at the moment are looking at a 5th prem mid (pendles i think) and a 4th prem back. Thinking Bock or Broughton.

Bruizer81

dmac07

Back him to kick the first goal! Yeah he is on a watch list, think he is capable of big scores, but will see how he goes in nab and early rounds as to what role he is playing and how it effects his scoring.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: Swallow12 on January 31, 2012, 11:30:39 PM
H Shaw has had surgery and may start slow, R shaw isnt a premium,  Suckling is a good pick, however there is talk of a role change to the wing which may hurt his scores as hawks chip around a lot in the backline

R.Shaw is average. He was average at the Pies & he's average now. The only reason he has scored more recently is the configuration of the SCG. I'm sure i don't need to explain this.

joshua98

anyone on big andrejs this year? mm, didnt think so :D

mmmurphy3

The risk with stocking your midfield with all premiums is that your most likely to miss out on all the cash cows which generally come from the mid 

Torress

stiffy johncock for a good season i reckon, but you aren't wrong. besides from GOD and lids where we feel safe there aint many more that we can trully justify the price. i don't think you can go wrong with fisher or newman haha they play for god and lids' teams!!

emright got to under 400k last year.
bock aint available from rd 1
scotland is too expensive.
heater has had interupted pre season and didn't do much in arizona apparently. still i reckon the team could carry him along for a good ride and justify his starting price. but if he weren't in collingwood it'd be a no straight up

birch, suckers broughts or duff man

maybe heppel might be a good D3 or D4 this year afterall if he stays true to form - get on stiffy i think!!