mid priced defenders?

Started by Colliwobblers, February 01, 2012, 03:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

thoughts on who this years best mid priced defenders will be for SC, lets say from 400K down....

kilbluff1985

he might be just over that but keep an eye on Micheal Hibberd in pre season 

ando_10

im gonna say lake at just over 280k

Jay

Connors??? Tuohy??? Dea???

They're very unique ^^^ but could pay off

bjrouse

Torress

Lake the obvious if he's up and about. surely he couldn't be in 'great'shape??!! good shape might be enough for him but his opponent will make him run this season!!  we're all still ummmming and arrring with him.

grima @379k is another popular due to preseason hypes. last year he battled thru injuries. he's a tassie boy so i'm every chance of picking him.

jack grimes @380k - i don't feel i have to comment on him he should be well known.

we have drummond @369k, sorry typo no we don't  - ha you'd have to be very brave to pick him. just don't!!

malckeski @367k - not so sure here, haven't heard about him preseason wise. i think its a no and also his biomechanical body might fail him but he is good for churning out SC scores with his efective kicks

richard tambling @.... i'm joking lol

tony armstrong @292k has a following but he has to get a gig first. i reckon shaw and perhaps a few others aren't far off retiring. if swans do their thing with recycled players ?????????

courtney dempsey @273k - off a knee reco looked like breaking out b4 he did it. priced at a 50 odd average. probably a monty to increase it by 20 ppg, but risky.

daniel connors @269k - looks the goods. probably won't be fit enough as the lads smash protein shakes after training where this guy will bring a carton! i'm thinking avoid but could be wrong

marty clarke @170k - okay not really a midpricer but you did say anyone under 400k!! should be a lock in your team i've heard he is right up with collingwoods best fitness wise

and my smokey hopefuly stays unique but i can see him doing a winderlich type of role (hopefully) - jarryn Geary @213k

Gooner

Here are several that I'm looking at:

Dan Nicholson - still rookie listed at Melbourne, but has had a brilliant pre-season.  He's also DEF/MID eligible.

Phil Davis - only a couple of games last year and one of those he was subbed off in reduced his price significantly.  He'll be expected to lead the backline of GWS and there will be plenty of ball down there.

Paul Bower - this guy was a really good SC defender only a couple of years ago.  He's disappeared off the radar, but if he gets games he could be the bargain of the season.