Main Menu

I'm so sad

Started by TheHanger, April 26, 2012, 06:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHanger

I cried, like a little girl, and I'm not ashamed

Especially seeing as Zaharakis would have got a kick at goal from 55 out if the umpire had had the balls to stop time and call back that ridiculous advantage call

Anybody want to make any positive comments about the game?

Ziplock

essendon lost= positive

collingwood won= negative.

if it had been a tie, win-win, twice as bad.

there was never going to be an overall good outcome from this game.

thank you.

carsot

Positives are that the bombers got flogged in recent years, this year only 1 point loss. Definitely improving.

elephants

I'm not gonna lie I don't like the Bombers but they performed admirably against the team that was flag favourites just over a month ago!

Cookie Monster

There is a lot of positives, I will list them now.

1. depth - Essendon have about 11 players out, last year with 11 players out we would have got flogged, reserved players like, Davey, Bellchambers and Dyson all played well and aren't in our starting 22.

2. resilience - mid way through the last qtr we were 3 goals down, similar to last year, they won the game by 5 goals, we could have said, let rest a bit, but no we hung on and caught up, we are now starting to put in 4 qtr performances consistantly.

3. Improvement - Collingwood made the Grand Final last year, they were back to their best, if not, right near it, and we lost by a point.

4. lack of options - If there's 1 kick to set up a goal, it's the kick to our CHF, and yesterday, we really missed Hurley, we became predictable, and Harry O killed us, we sorted that out and still came out with a 1 point loss, imagine of Hurley had of played?

5. Fitness - Coming off a 4 day break against a top 4 side is a monsteral effort, and we still managed a 4 qtr effort, I could not be more proud.

The biggest test for us now, is the Brisbane game, if we have improved, and if we are a top 6 team, then we must come back and beat them, rest up, get some players back and recouperate for the next 5 rounds.

I'm shattered about the loss, but I am extremely proud of the boys and the improvement we have shown this year already.

Bomber Boy

Quote from: Cookie Monster on April 26, 2012, 09:49:47 PM
There is a lot of positives, I will list them now.

1. depth - Essendon have about 11 players out, last year with 11 players out we would have got flogged, reserved players like, Davey, Bellchambers and Dyson all played well and aren't in our starting 22.

2. resilience - mid way through the last qtr we were 3 goals down, similar to last year, they won the game by 5 goals, we could have said, let rest a bit, but no we hung on and caught up, we are now starting to put in 4 qtr performances consistantly.

3. Improvement - Collingwood made the Grand Final last year, they were back to their best, if not, right near it, and we lost by a point.

4. lack of options - If there's 1 kick to set up a goal, it's the kick to our CHF, and yesterday, we really missed Hurley, we became predictable, and Harry O killed us, we sorted that out and still came out with a 1 point loss, imagine of Hurley had of played?

5. Fitness - Coming off a 4 day break against a top 4 side is a monsteral effort, and we still managed a 4 qtr effort, I could not be more proud.

The biggest test for us now, is the Brisbane game, if we have improved, and if we are a top 6 team, then we must come back and beat them, rest up, get some players back and recouperate for the next 5 rounds.

I'm shattered about the loss, but I am extremely proud of the boys and the improvement we have shown this year already.

Nicely sad, completely agree with all five.

-BB