Will Ruck choice define this years winner?

Started by grange76, January 30, 2012, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

Hi,

More than any season i can remember there is the likelihood of major diversity in the selection of Rucks. The dominance of Sandi and Cox is being challenged with a variety of choice and differing strategies.

Options of the emerging Rucks of Goldy amd Berger or ballsy strategies involving one of the old guard and a long shot such as Renouf, Orrenson or Hmac could be seen and successful especially with the coin it will free up.

Add to this the med/high pricers such as Jacobs with an easy run or Nic Nat post surgery or Macevoy without a 16 YO distraction? 

Kruzer is still an option at a bargain price and who knows what Freo will do with Sandi, Griffin and Clarke? Could it be that Mummy takes it to all time elite level and outscores all of them?

So much choice and so much riding on the selection. With most peopl likely to have Orrenson and Giles as the rooks the selection of primary rucks may very well be the definining move for success this year.

I am leaning towards Goldy and Berger myself but may be swayed........Thoughts?

lozza63

Grange i am totally in agreement here mate - imo the rucks selection this year undoubtedly share the limelight along with the mids - the options allow coaches to get the other lines as "right as they can" . I think that the idea is to go out select the best squad and then backfill the rucks - the options allow this to happen and it seems as if most rucks can just walk out now days and score 80+.

I was looking at Jolly's 83 average thinking "gee that's amazing' as by and large he had a fantasy shocker!

I dont think that any number of combos will let us down this year - except one struck by injury.

Nothing is set in stone all types of combos are plausible - 2-2, 1-3, even 0-4 shock horror. the list of selections is as long as ever so there should be plenty of difference in structure this year - great for the game really.