Heppel/Birchall/Broughton

Started by chadsta112, January 29, 2012, 11:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadsta112

Hey guys,

Looking for filling my 4th defensive spot. Currently have Hep selected with 85k In the kitty. Word is he's going to get some more midfield time this year, but I'm a little worried about 2nd season mediocrity. Would like Birchall for his consistency, but don't want to pay THAT much for him. Shaw, Goddard & Deledio are my ther top line defenders. Thoughts for this spot guys??

kilbluff1985

Have to wait and see what Lyon does with Broughton

Heppell has bulked up a lot should be good to go

nichsa673

Even if Broughton doesn;t go into the midfield, he should score better this year becasue Ross lyons defender traditionally score very well.

Colliwobblers

birchall is the safest bet, broughton the riskiest, but heppell is the best bet, at least thats my humble oppinion

CuStArDaRm

I am always tempted by Broughton but he is quite a good all around player and showed he could lock down forwards when needed. If there is any indication that he will play free in the back half or in the middle he will be on my short list.

Out of those 3 Id probably go Broughton at this stage

CFC 1979

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on January 30, 2012, 12:01:02 AM
Have to wait and see what Lyon does with Broughton

Heppell has bulked up a lot should be good to go

one of the big unknown's of 2012. What effect on Freo players will Lyon have :o

ronl

I agree, CFC, very risky to lock in any Freo players until the NAB cup due to the Lyon factor.

stew42

Quote from: chadsta112 on January 29, 2012, 11:14:51 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for filling my 4th defensive spot. Currently have Hep selected with 85k In the kitty. Word is he's going to get some more midfield time this year, but I'm a little worried about 2nd season mediocrity. Would like Birchall for his consistency, but don't want to pay THAT much for him. Shaw, Goddard & Deledio are my ther top line defenders. Thoughts for this spot guys??

Check the article I posted in DT strategy about 3rd year breakouts. Basically it says that the highest average increase occurs in the second year, and the third year had the most average drops (this is using the top 50ish mids of 2011). So don't be that put off by Hep D

chadsta112

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Supporting the Bombers I want nothing more than Hep to cut loose. I think with the improvement of the bombers, in which he was a substantional factor, a player of his class can only rack up higher scores. I've had Broughton before, but like some of you have mentioned, the Lyon factor could dictate how his scores are going to go. Birchall will prove to be the most consistent of the 3 imo, but I see his price dropping early - so don't really want to be a part of that.

I have looked at Suckling too, what do you reckon on him? Or any other players that you might have to throw up?

Thanks guys.

yorgis

why be wary of the lyon factor at freo ???  did'nt we all have nickydal, bj, monty, lenny, roo and co when he was coaching

the saints ??? don't think he'll be changing his coaching ways too much

ben_020285

If you've got Goddard and Deledio then put a line through Birchall. You don't want to head into the bye rounds with 3 prems from the one line.

It really is a coin flip with Heppell and Broughton so I reckon your best bet is to save some coin and go with the cheapest. Enter Dyson Heppell.