My Third Go

Started by dyslexiauntied, January 25, 2012, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexiauntied

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, S. Clifton, A. Christensen (A. Treloar, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, S. Rowe)
FWD: S. Johnson, D. Beams, J. Roughead, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia, T. Milera (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $63,700

Colliwobblers

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 25, 2012, 12:32:12 AM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, S. Clifton, A. Christensen (A. Treloar, T. Mitchell)
FWD: S. Johnson, D. Beams, J. Roughead, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia, T. Milera (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $63,700

DEF: a little shallow, and a few risky players here, tempting to grab all the tasty mid preicers out there but leaves you potentially short of cash cows and gun scorers. I would suggest turning buntine into a cheap rook first of all, you will find one as good over nab cup and saves you $70k straight up. Then i would pick the best of lake and grimes and downgrade the other to a rook ( again watch nab cup to see) you just cant afford both to fail.

MID: Christensen for me is a good pick i like him but not for the midfield for your fwd line, he is too dear for a cashcow and wont score well enough to justify staying in your midfield, move him to the fwd line. Upgrade hayes to a gun midfielder, or keep him and add another gun midfielder to the mids to replace christensen.

RUCK: rock solid - no comment

FWD: Too many mid pricers again, christensen in from the midfield, roughhead make him a rook he is not a good pick. the money will pay to upgrade hayes or add a gun midfielder. Also be tempted to upgrade and or downgrade one of porps and windy.

Oveall not a bad side, too many midpricers even if half of the become keepers the otehr half need to be traded out to get premium keepers in, and if they havent made you any money where a cash cow would have they have been a loss to your team, to your season.

Nice first effort and if it all went right would be a killer side but a lot of risks in the mid pricers, good luck for the season.

R.Griffen

All I can say it would have been a good year a few years ago but this year not to sure

It is ok to have 1 injury prone player in each position: Grimes and Lake I am quite sure that they will both get better and wont have a lot of injury's this year but if i am wrong you will have a very tough time.

Hayes we all know he is coming back from a knee Reco and very cheap but I think his knee might have got the best of him. So if you are going to pick him around 70-85 is what you would hope for.

Great Rucks

Roughead not back to full training yet. John Brown hasen't had a good year of footy from when FEV got there. but Winerlich and Porplyzia are cheap enogh to have both if it all goes right for your team this team will be hard to beat 

dyslexiauntied

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, L. Hodge, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, S. Clifton (A. Treloar, T. Mitchell)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia, T. Milera (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $31,000

kingkong

taking a risk with barlow AND hayes.. id pick just barlow because its not like his leg will snap again.

yur expecting 2 guys to do super comebacks. be good if it happend tho

and dont forget steve j was injured in the finals last yr. id wait to see how he perfoms/drops in price

popedelio

never been too much of a mid pricer fan and you should really only aim for 4 at most in your side, it will lower the risks you have in your side, and will give you side better potential for a full squad.
You currently have 8 mid pricers, your fwd line is just stacked with them and quite a weak point in your team, so you should toggle around by upgrading/downgrading them to premiums and rooks to lower you chances. So pick the top 4 you think will average 85 and get rid of the rest.

ShaynoB

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 28, 2012, 04:34:43 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, L. Hodge, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, S. Clifton (A. Treloar, T. Mitchell)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia, T. Milera (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $31,000

pretty risky team. Grimes, Lake, Barlow, Hayes, Christensen, Brown, Winderlich and Porp all either very injury prone, had major injuries or their form could go either way this year.

Just b mindful and would maybe downgrade Winder and Lake and use money to upgrade maybe Porp. Not to sure about some of ur rooks either but only NAB and R1 will decide that

dyslexiauntied

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Drummond, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, B. Gibbs, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, S. Clifton (A. Treloar, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $9,300

What do you think?

The It

Too many midprices for my liking.

Way to risky

I would downgrade Lake as he is on the restricted training again and upgrade Drummond, could do the same with Porp and Winderlich.

DT-SC

drummond, lake, hayes, winders and props all returning from injury... id try downgrade  hayes + porps and upgrade winders and drummond
if u dont want swan u gotta get atleast ablett IMO cant see boyd and pendles improving much so i'd downgrade them two to gazza ( should ave. 120ish) and rocky ( should ave. 115ish)  and use the cash to help upgrade the others

love your pick in gibbs (wish i had the balls)
hope this helps
good luck in 2012