tear it to pieces in your idle moments.

Started by motor, January 25, 2012, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor

geelong Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by motor. Salary cap left: $12,100.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Dyson Heppell, Sam Gilbert, Marty Clarke, Tim Mohr
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes

Matthew Boyd, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko
James McDonald, Tom Mitchell

Sam Jacobs, Zac Smith
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Paul Chapman, Adam Goodes, Hayden Ballantyne, Allen Christensen, Jonathan Brown, Israel Folau
Adam Treloar, Sam Rowe

Colliwobblers

DEF: solid and deep
MID: a little light on, not having the 2 biggest captain options in swan or ablett, but not too weak either. watch hayes.
RUCK: solid, smith could back up last year and or lift another 10 making him a good option to almost sideways trade later in the year while scoring decently for you early on.
FWD: very mid priced. Good players but maybe not enough rooks to earn you money, and trouble if all those mid pricers dont become keepers and dont make you money thats going to hurt.

Overall a good side, good premiums, mids(a couple too many maybe?) and rooks accross all lines.

Watch your bye structure ( i didnt check it).

Good side, unique, thomo can do the job as captain i guess with his EASY draw and Gibbs is no slouch either, good luck 2012.

motor

thanks colly. forwards mid priced? stevie j.  chapman? goodes? too many mids? and i do not have gibbs.

Master Q

Too many guns in Midfields, none "Stars". Rucks a bit risky...

motor

too many guns in midfield? 2 premiums. two returning from injuries. 4 rooks.

picker_man

proly wouldnt ask for advice if ur going to question everything ppl say ::)

motor

i would not ask if they looked at team in focus. too many premiums in midfield? not enough in forwards.? i put my team out there to make people think. i am yet to see one team on any website have stevie j and chapman. few with barlow and hayes. ballentyne is rare. it is simple risk and  reward. 1 entry and 300,000 contestants means that you need to be different. you already know that.

Master Q

Quote from: motor on January 26, 2012, 12:06:30 AM
too many guns in midfield? 2 premiums. two returning from injuries. 4 rooks.
::)

Barlow/Hayes - Upgrade/Downgrade or vice versa.

motor

thanks MQ. it has been in my thoughts for some time to do that.

dmagnus

I like it. get rid of Foleau though.
MQ was saying too many guns in mid, but not stars.. star>gun

Football Factory

I would personally get rid of Gilbert for a rookie and upgrade one of Hayes / Barlow and upgrade Z.Smith cant see Smith making you money or becoming a premium this year he's going to be a good player but i reckon not for a couple of years big guys take a while

stew42

This side seems really awkward... maybe it's the lack of Swan/GAJ

Backs: Good. Risks particularly in Broughts and Gilbert. If anything Gilbert could be downgraded for a rook and the money spent on your premo mids

Mids: Unique. I like Boyd, he is ultra-consistent, and is forgotten by a lot of DTers. Scotty T will smash it in the first half of the year (what an awesome draw!) I wouldn't have both Barlow and Hayes. Of the two, Hayes I would drop. Good rooks.

I spent just over 2.5mil on my starting mids, and that has three super premos, Barlow, and four rooks. Yours has one super premo, one premo who probably will improve to elite, two midpricers and four rooks. Immediately you are at a disadvantage...

Rucks: Unique, could pull off

Fwds: Ok, this may seem harsh, but I wouldn't have any of your first four.

Stevie J is a rollercoaster, wait till he drops 20k.
Chapman has questions over his age, which is too much risk for me. I'm expecting a Lenny Hayes-esque season ending injury... Get Goodes in the second half of the season.
Balla has been touted to get more midfield time, but if we believe everything the clubs tell us, we will have a team of 30 mids scoring 3000 per week!
Christensen will improve in points and price, as will Brown.
Izzy will get games, but will only be just better than KHunt.
Drop Sam Rowe. If you need him for a R/F link (which you don't), expect him to average 40.

This probably is a little too harsh, but it all helps to get that perfect Rnd 1 team. Good luck!

Windigo

ShaynoB

Quote from: motor on January 26, 2012, 12:32:04 AM
i would not ask if they looked at team in focus. too many premiums in midfield? not enough in forwards.? i put my team out there to make people think. i am yet to see one team on any website have stevie j and chapman. few with barlow and hayes. ballentyne is rare. it is simple risk and  reward. 1 entry and 300,000 contestants means that you need to be different. you already know that.

Good side but i think ppl arent going Stevie J and Chappy, could maybe throw in Cox/Sandi for that matter because they might be slightyl overpriced and will come down in $$. Mate i love Stevie J and Chappy (being a cats man) but im just thinking they would be perfect upgrade targets if their performing well.

And yes get rid of Folau for maybe Zorko and put Clifton in mids for Zorko. Only other thought is maybe get rid of Gilbert and upgrade Hayes but like i said good team though and nothing to woring with being different!