RUCK/MID rooks read and vote and leave your thoughts please

Started by Colliwobblers, January 27, 2012, 08:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one of these options will score highest?

2 gun 2 rook RUCK / + 3 gun / barlow / 4 rook mid (lets just say)
16 (64%)
1 gun 3 rook RUCK / + 4 gun / barlow / 3 rook mid (lets just say)
7 (28%)
it would make no difference to score /upgrades / cashcows / anything
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Windigo

I've started every year with two premium rucks and the usual 2 rookie rucks. Nothing will change.....Except it's not Cox & Sandi this time around.  ;)

Football Factory

I started with a midpriced D.Hille in 2008 and he increased his average by 20 points and was the best ruckman for the year behind Cox. Since then i have had 2 premiums every year up until 2012  ;)

yorgis

who do you think windy / i'm going for mummy and either luey or mcevoy [thought about cox but pretty expensive]

Windigo

Quote from: yorgis on January 28, 2012, 01:31:22 PM
who do you think windy / i'm going for mummy and either luey or mcevoy [thought about cox but pretty expensive]

Mumford should be a top 2 ruck overall this year. Of course it will depend on Sandi & Cox's form. But not many top coaches (I don't think) will be going with a Sandi & Cox combo anymore. Entering his 5th season and all. 100+ average is very possible.

Only problem is suspension & a annoying niggle cropping up at the wrong time.

I'm going Jacobs as well purely because of his draw and the surety of improvement. Plus he is one of the cheapest premium ruckmen and should be a unique enough pick.

As for you rucks. Yeah, Cox is very expensive. Any other year you'd go him. But with so many ruck men presenting themselves it's hard to pick him when cheaper premium rucks will no doubt average around the same.

Out of Berger & McEvoy it all depends on which you think will score more this year. I think Berger has more class. McEvoy works hard around the ground though. It's a tough one, but I'd go Berger. But if you want a cheaper option.....Jacobs is always there. You shouldn't have any worries about their bye if you have your 4th ruck playing....Giles shares the bye with Jacobs.