RG #9 Brad Sewell

Started by Ziplock, January 25, 2012, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

fell a bit behind :P so, I'm going to carve through them atm... 18 behind, to be specific, so let's see how close to number 26 I can get today before I crack it :)

Number 9 is... 336 BRAD SEWELL (as you would know if you read the title).

ftr, the original number to come up was infact shoenmakers... again :P

So, Sewell will be 28 next year. So, should be really on his peak atm, probably starting his slide in the next few years unfortunately. Sewell has averaged over 81 since 07, however, has only played over 19 games once (07 once again).  Sewell is midfield only however, so that makes him slightly less attractive.

in 2009 however, he did average 101, if he could recapture that fantasy sense, he would be a reasonable pick at an average of 88. The only question is, can he do it? You would want to be pretty damn certain he'd average over 100 if you picked him, given his mid only eligibility. Let's break down his scores
120+= 1(Geelong)
110-120= 0
100-110= 4
90-100= 3
80-90=5
70-80= 4
60-70= 2
<60=0

well, the best thing you can say is he doesn't have massive shockers, with a season low score of 67.
however, he has a low ceiling, with a high score of exactly 120 in rd 7 vs geelong. He presents a nice spread of scores, tonned up against melb, WC, WBD and STK, so no real pattern with scoring high considering that 100 vs the premiers. Especially considering his season low score was vs PA.

look, basically, I don't really see him as a valuable midpricer at that pricing. If he'd gotten injured, then subbed a couple of times to ease him in, then discounted... then maybe. But at a price of 88 average, not for me. He doesn't have the ceiling or consistency to go premium

4/10

picker_man

love watching him play but thats cuse ive never had him in my dt, if he had the mpp like others have got this yr id be tempted but i think ur rating of 4 says it all zip

bowyanger

sometimes he has a shutdown role

this reflects his up and down scoring

Colliwobblers

had in my dt pro team for parts (the good parts for him) of the season and he was still fun too watch, in normal DT or Sc i agree with the 4/10 Zip

Pass but great gutsy hard at it midfielder. probably why the missed games ...

Hawka

Has premo unique all over him but first he must improve his scoring and the shutdown roles dont help  :-\