What Me Worry?......it's just mad!

Started by AndrewY, January 28, 2012, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewY

10 rounds before the byes...why worry? Starting to see a lot of pre planning and comment about the bye rounds  that actually may actually be distracting our focus of scoring points. 10 rounds of opportunity awaits before everyone probably wastes a high percentage of their trades from round 10. Aren't  the guesses about every player at this stage just that? LTI's will cruel the best laid plans...just like last year. A smokie or two will appear that we all will chase on the bubble. Rookies are just that. After 2 good rounds the itch to transfer will be our biggest concern that week. .........or is it just me?

Windigo

I'm planning on doing what I did last year.....Not trade for like 6-8 weeks.

Football Factory

I didnt trade till a guy named Curnow popped up   ;)

hardnut

I tend to agree I think most ppl are overplaying the effect of the bye. In league it hardly matters as we'll all be fielding the frid dough treats. In total point over compromising your selections just for one round has every chance of reducing your ranking. I'd say it's just a case of be aware of it and don't do dumb trading during the bye rounds like grabbing a blue in rnd 11 or something...

Colliwobblers

+1 grabbing a blue in round 11.

Agree with previous comments, but if you can have as good a player on the Right bye round to spread your premiums over the byes you should as it is likely to save you those fried doughy treats over the byes rounds, you'll still eat some i guarantee it but maybe not as many with a bit of structuring.

That said not at the expense of having an ordinary team.

TheMailman

Don't pick anybody who you don't feel will score 85+ just because they have a bye.