Yes
2 (11.8%)
No
11 (64.7%)
Not sure
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

R.Griffen

It's been there from the start like last year people said Swan cost to much and will go down in price in the start of the season and this year some teams have left him out.

Peoples midfield when not having Swan. Pendles, Ablett, Rok or whoever and hardly any teams seem to be having Boyd

Can someone tell me why's that

Boyd has been in the top heap of consistent players for a while now big a scores rarely scores under 100
Bulldogs number 1 Mid, B&Fs great Ball winner except no one has him on there team

Colliwobblers

Not sure why a lot more teams dont have boyd, maybe becasue of who he plays for, maybe becasue there are some up and comers that bump him down the list, and maybe becasue the draws push some players up the list.

I only say if you dont have swan to start have ablett so you have one of the two clear and favourite choices for captain each week, for a reason too imo.

I rate boyd how can you not but looking at the all important byes he goes up against the formidable thompson(easiest draw ever), rocky - 120+ this year imo, redden, not sold on but a lot of peeps are. Plus any GWS rooks that become keepers or hang around through the byes...

I would take thomo and rocky over boyd and thats why i dont have him, doggies may struggle both in the ruck and in general, boyd may have a tough time of it this season...

Colliwobblers

nope Boyd if he is still a bulldog is definately on the round 11 bye  ???

R.Griffen

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 25, 2012, 01:01:41 AM
Yer Round 11 it's just I don't have any bulldogs in my team and thought they had they bye with Hawthorn and Carlton sorry my Bad

Colliwobblers

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 25, 2012, 01:25:26 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 25, 2012, 01:01:41 AM
Yer Round 11 it's just I don't have any bulldogs in my team and thought they had they bye with Hawthorn and Carlton sorry my Bad

no problem changes nothing your point is a good one, boyd is a star and readers of "calvins captains" will know several times a season he will be the best pick for captain meaning he is very highly rated and very highly capable, i "personaly" just feel his team is slipping around him and he might struggle to retain his brilliance in DT/SC scoring potential

Would love to be proved wrong and would love to see the doggies get their game on, so close yet so far....

Presto

You need to have either Swan or Ablett as captains, maybe someone else will come up during the year, but either of them is by far the best choice. But, and this is only my opinion, a player to become a champion elite premium, needs to be playing next to other champion midfielders. Look at Judd, Murphy, Gibbs etc., Mitchell in Hawthorn midfield, Swan and Pendel and the rest of Collingwood. Ablett of course is the exception to the rule, while poor Boyd plays along Cross and Griffen, good players, but not quite elite.
On the other hand his round 11 bye is also a problem, since he shares with Thompson, who has a very easy draw, and with the rising stars of Rockliff and Redden

Swallow12

Could a few teams may be planning to pick him up after the bye?

Windigo

I don't see how you cannot be sold on Redden Colli.

24 disposals pg & 7.5 tackles pg last year. Also throw in that he will kick more goals than Rockliff IMO.

Applied second most tackles and third in pressure acts. 61 % of his ball into the forward line found a target, 4th in mids for comp.

An interesting fact is that Dustin Martins tackling efficiency was the worst at Richmond.

Redden doesn't need to be a big ball winner to get 120+. I reckon he can bump up the tackled count to 8 a game which means 32 points just from that alone. 20 disposals turns out to be another decent venture for the underrated mid. 

R.Griffen

Quote from: Windigo on January 25, 2012, 10:26:37 AM
I don't see how you cannot be sold on Redden Colli.

24 disposals pg & 7.5 tackles pg last year. Also throw in that he will kick more goals than Rockliff IMO.

Applied second most tackles and third in pressure acts. 61 % of his ball into the forward line found a target, 4th in mids for comp.

An interesting fact is that Dustin Martins tackling efficiency was the worst at Richmond.

Redden doesn't need to be a big ball winner to get 120+. I reckon he can bump up the tackled count to 8 a game which means 32 points just from that alone. 20 disposals turns out to be another decent venture for the underrated mid.

Everyone is saying Black will get tagged every week but what if he doesn't. Next in line is ether Rockliff or Redden and I have to say Redden uses the ball better than Rockliff

Windigo

I'll do a little stats comparison for Redden & Rockliff.

Redden 2011

Kick Eff: 65.5
Handball Eff: 78.5
Disposal Eff 71.5
Contested Possession: 40.1%
Uncontested Possession 59.9%
Tackles: 7.5
Marks:5.4
Goals: 14
Goal Acc: 73.7
K:H ~ 1.2
Inside 50's: 2.7 (But hit's a target 61% of the time)

Rockliff 2011

Kick Eff: 61.9
Handball Eff: 77
Disposal Eff: 68.6
Contested Possession: 41.9
Uncontested Possession: 58.1
Marks: 5.6
Goals: 12
Goal Acc: 54.5
K:H ~ 1.3
Inside 50's: 3.1

elephants

I don't have Boyd simply because he doesn't present as much value as Thompson (and his piss draw :P)
Boyd or Rocky will defs find there way into my team come round 12!!

Holz

Quote from: Swallow12 on January 25, 2012, 10:04:49 AM
Could a few teams may be planning to pick him up after the bye?

i wrote abit about selecting players from the byes, and in my opinion you should start with no or at max 1 premium midfielder from round 11.

so for example round 11 common  premiums: Boyd, Rockliff, Redden, Thompson, Swallow, Ziebell

There are realatively few mdifield rookies in round 12 and 13 and alot in round 11 mainly due to gws being round 11. So for me im not going to pick up any premiums to start and in round 12 i will upgade my round 12 rookies to either boyd or rockliff

Cruiseon

If you are going to take out Swan, I'd suggest you reconsider and ....... get Swan.