pretty good team!

Started by underdog11, December 19, 2011, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog11

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Brian Lake, Sam Docherty
Brandon Ellis, Tomas Bugg

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dom Tyson
Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko

Todd Goldstein, Aaron Sandilands
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Jason Winderlich, Jason Porplyzia
Tommy Walsh, Ahmed Saad

This is a rough draft, please give honest feed back and a rating

valkorum

Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Brian Lake - mid priced and injury prone players there. 

Risky to do this - the upside is that this has given you more money to load up in your midfield with 5 x premiums.

underdog11

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Greg Broughton, Beau Waters, Brian Lake, Sam Docherty
Brandon Ellis, Tomas Bugg

Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Liam Shiels, Michael Barlow, Anthony Miles
Tom Mitchell, Dylan Shiel

Todd Goldstein, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Josh Hall

Paul Chapman, Travis Cloke, Matthew Pavlich, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jack Gunston, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jason Porplyzia, Dayne Zorko

The_Captain

Brian lake is a massive risk.. and chad cornes? Why chad cornes?

Question marks over Champan(age/hamstrings), Gunston(not proven yet) and Waters(injuries).

Other than that i reckon its a pretty decent team!

underdog11

Thanks for the advice i wasnt sure about Cornes, but im pretty happy with lake i think at very least his a cash cow. Gunston's my smokey in my team i think his a potenial 85 avg this season

Phasir

same thoughts as noto07 really.. might add that Pav will be KPP this year & not playing a Goodes type role through the centre anymore so he could easily fall to an avg below 80..
also not too sure if Brandon Ellis will be in the best 22 come round 1..
other than that there's a lot of keepers in that starting line up, not bad  :D

underdog11

$11,400.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Tomas Bugg, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh

Jonathan Giles, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Winderlich, Darren Pfeiffer
Billie Smedts, Hayden Crozier

Kuruki

Waters, Grimes, Lake, Barlow, Hayes, Brown

If they all step it up like we know they can then you will be ahead of most of the pack. That back line could cause you a hole heap of trouble should history repeat itself. You have balls. This doesn't help one bit i know. There will be people telling you it's too risky, upgrade them to premiums. Those are the people who will be sitting in the middle of the pack with the other 300,000 people that picked the same side as they did. If you think these guys can step it up, and stay injury free, dont let anyone invite you to join mediocreville.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: underdog11 on December 24, 2011, 06:00:54 PM
$11,400.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Tomas Bugg, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh

Jonathan Giles, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Winderlich, Darren Pfeiffer
Billie Smedts, Hayden Crozier

Solid team, only concern would be mid pricers on the back line, and how fit hayes comes up through nab cup, listed as full training with the group at the moment so thats good news. Wingard from Port is getting a lot more love than Coniglio atm but you  really wont lock rooks till after nab cup so that doesnt matter, for goldsteins money i would go luenburger or mummy as hmac will take a lot of ruck time at north this year. make sure fyfe is good to go for round 1.

i would be tempted to downgrade and upgrade through winderlinch and a back just to get one for premium in and cash cow rook.

looking at the structure of teams getting called good tho yours is close to on teh money, just keep in mind the GUNS/ROOKS setup is far more successful than the midprice setup. tempting as the midpricers are and trust me i have more than i should and i know it  :)

underdog11

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jack Grimes, Adam Tomlinson, Marty Clarke
Brandon Ellis, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Chad Wingard

Aaron Sandilands, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Jason Winderlich, Darren Pfeiffer
Billie Smedts, Adam Treloar

I have wingard on the bench because i think he his a very good dt potenial, and he'll play a lot

ossie85

Quote from: underdog11 on January 01, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jack Grimes, Adam Tomlinson, Marty Clarke
Brandon Ellis, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Chad Wingard

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Jason Winderlich, Darren Pfeiffer
Billie Smedts, Adam Treloar

I have wingard on the bench because i think he his a very good dt potenial, and he'll play a lot

I like the spread. NOt sure if Waters is going to score well though, could be better value elsewhere

Colliwobblers

i got waters too, from all reports he is in for a massive year, you think differently i ned to listen so.... can you shed any light on why waters might not be a good option and 1) do you think grimes will go better and be worth having, and or 2) who other than grimes would you have as a mid priced defender around waters money?

underdog11

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Jack Grimes, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty
Brandon Ellis, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko, Luke Brown

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Darren Pfeiffer, Adam Treloar
Billie Smedts, Sam Kerridge

30g in the bank, thoughts?

Matt_352

Jack Grimes is a risk and so is Jonathon Brown but could pay off, Ruck a bit weak with only 1 premo, Id consider some other fwd rooks as well

CFC 1979

watch sam rowe. hurt his AC joint at training

Blues saying he's ok but watch NAB and prac matches to see his game time

Stevie J had an op off season so keep an eye on him

Personally i think pendles may have a bigger year than swanny.

Love scotland in backline. Have not seen a lot of sides with him.

Selwood is going to have a huge year.

I love the Brown Dawg. Just had a bad run last year but has just completed his first full pre-season in 10 years.
Locked and ready to go

Maybe down grade cloke to DPP and use cash in rucks