The first of many many teams

Started by Joshy11, January 03, 2012, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshy11

TEAM NAME: My Planned Dream Team
DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, P. Duffield, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (K. Stevens, J. McDonald)
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, A. Treloar, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $36,400

Strength: 4 genuine guns in the midfield
Weakness: Lack of dpp due to clifton being listed as a centre and docherty in doubt for round 1. Also not convinced on my 6th forward!
Roughie: Duffield, hoping he can get back to his '09 '10 form and doesnt carry the injury risks of grimes and waters
Trend: Starting giles on the field, not convinced on hmac and frees up a stack of cash
Ideas: Clifton>Docerty, Thompson>Barlow, Brown>Pavlich

Any opinions or ideas would be much appreciated :)

j959

Quote from: Joshy11 on January 03, 2012, 04:28:34 PM
DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, P. Duffield, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (K. Stevens, J. McDonald)
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, A. Treloar, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $36,400

Strength: 4 genuine guns in the midfield
Weakness: Lack of dpp due to clifton being listed as a centre and docherty in doubt for round 1. Also not convinced on my 6th forward!
Roughie: Duffield, hoping he can get back to his '09 '10 form and doesnt carry the injury risks of grimes and waters
Trend: Starting giles on the field, not convinced on hmac and frees up a stack of cash
Ideas: Clifton>Docerty, Thompson>Barlow, Brown>Pavlich

Any opinions or ideas would be much appreciated :)
joshy, i consider myself a pretty harsh rater (hater?  ;))

-0.5 for Scotland - age and top dollar (only one way to go) imo
-0.5 for Birchall and Duffman - not sure Birch will replicate last couple of years this year and Duffman too much of a risk
-0.25 for Thompson - he's good but top-dollar
-1 for Giles as a starting ruck - know you're taking a punt but this is likely to 'hurt' you in the long-run
-0.5 for Chappy - good player, but think last year may be part of a slow decline

= 7.25 - good start but not sure you went the right way with your risk-taking ...

just my opinion, good luck!  ;)

Ziplock

I wouldn't take points off for thompson given his ridiculously soft draw.

Joshy11

Haha happy to take any critizism although i think some may be a lil harsh when considering the options available.

Scotland>Shaw? Enright? Carrazzo?
Thompson>?
Giles>HMac?
Chappy>Stevie J? Goodes? Pav?

Out and out back and forward premiums are hard to find this year considering the age of those blokes but id rather take them for there consistency

j959

Quote from: Ziplock on January 03, 2012, 04:44:50 PM
I wouldn't take points off for thompson given his ridiculously soft draw.
fair point, but that's why i only took off -0.25 for Thommo!   ;)

@Joshy - i'm harsh (but hopefully constructive) otherwise there's not a lot of point in me rating otherwise imo ...

Scotland to Shaw - but only if you're willing to ride the Heater rollercoaster!  :D
Thommo - no4 midfielder, why not take a punt on Barlow/Lenny??
Giles can go to your bench - HMac as a starter is an option but will depend on which ruck strategy you subscribe to ...
Chappy - how bout a downgrade Zaha or Robinson??

disclaimer: have not factored in byes whatsoever for any of the above ...  ;)

Joshy11

Have given byes no serious thought at this stage just trying to get the right balance atm.

Ive had shaw in there a few times but hes burnt me in the past so im still very iffy on him. For me its either HMac or Thompson and at this stage im leaning towards the gun midfielder and looking for giles to make me some quick cash in the first 10 rounds plus not overly confident mcintosh will even get a game straight up :/ ive tried many different combos and i feel this one has pretty decent balance but will change by tonight no doubt :P
Cheers for your help bud :)

Joshy11

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Mohr (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, S. Clifton, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, D. Pfeiffer, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $8,400

*Only went shaw to limit my premiums out with round 12 byes
*Think rocky will go wild this year
*Lake enabled me to free up some cash to get rocky and hes been dominating training
*Horsely and Pfeiffer need to be elevated of course
*Went pav for some consistency with all the other up and coming forward premiums

Any input would be appreciated :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Joshy11 on January 23, 2012, 12:58:35 AM
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Mohr (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, S. Clifton, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, D. Pfeiffer, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $8,400

Fis of all i'll totally ignore your rooks for they will chance throughout nabcup and beyond.

Def: solid great defence lake is an extra he can be a rook or lake depending on what he shows in nabcup.
Mid: awesome, agree rocky will push 120 this season good pick swan and ablett best 2 mids too imo, selwood is a star, but you might miss out by nor having barlow, so many will and if he becomes a top 6 mid and you dont have him for his cheap price you lose, but you cannot fault your midfield so who cares....
RUCK: solid, just watch hmac in nabcup make sure you like what you see.
Fwd: solid again, another nice line.

Well balanced team i really like it very strong great gun/rook side only concern is 2nd ruck really awesome job and good luck in 2012.