Buzz killingtons first team Feedback appreciated.

Started by n4cr123, January 24, 2012, 04:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4cr123

Hey guys here is my first team on dream team fan planner, finished around the 200 mark overall after getting to career high 5th hope this team exceeds those numbers!

Goddard, lids, Broughton, Heppell, grimes, lake, Clarke
(Docherty, smedts)

Swan, Abblett, Gibbs, Barlow, Conilgio, Morabito,
(shiels, McDonald)

Cox, Giles
(stephensen, Rowe)

Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, didak, brown, Treloer, Cameron
(Zorko, Walsh)

Obviously the biggest risk I have taken is going in with 1 premo ruck, however my felling is that they seem to be a little overpriced and there will certainly be 1 or 2 that will fall in price...  I very much like the guns and rookie strategy so I'm not 100% sold on taking any mid pricers ( unless they are proven scorers) as for the byes, I will take it as it comes, as I don't think you should shy away from the team you thin is deal just because of a bye.... We have trades to get out of those sort of situations....

Windigo

I think a few people will start with one premium ruck and the other a rookie.

But good to see you didn't get too greedy by having two rookie rucks. That's just way too dodgy IMO.  :P

Maybe instead of Cox. Get someone cheaper and upgrade/downgrade Lake....

Football Factory

If Giles gets some decent numbers in the Nab im going to have to seriously consider doing the same... nice ranking last year

Not a bad team ... couple of risks in Grimes and Lake but could pay off nicely

Havent seen the dak in many teams, a unique dak interesting

Gonna have to go the sell on S.Morris again i think he will be a great rookie

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125027/default.aspx

Colliwobblers

Quote from: n4cr123 on January 24, 2012, 04:54:58 PM
(Docherty, smedts)
(shiels, McDonald)
Cox, Giles
(stephensen, Rowe)
(Zorko, Walsh)

Wow, first of all congrats on last season awesome effort. As for the byes you need to have that sorted out (at least what you will do) before the season starts if you want to end up better than last season. As for your rucks, cox is overpriced, yeah he is the best probably will be again, but i would go any one of the other premiums over him given the comment you yourself made. And i agree with you about mid pricers 150%.

Def: Very deep and i think grimes and lake are too many mid pricers pick the best one and turn the other into a rook would be my call otherwise great.

Mid: Standard and perfect nicely done, comments on rooks at the end.

Ruck: light on one premium means your playing one rok every week, chances are that will cost you 20-40 points on other teams every week. And Cox is over the top in price for mine.

Fwd: a little light on also, i would take the money from downgrading lake or grimes and spend it here to upgrade didak or brown, Didak would be my choice.

As for your rooks, morabito could be the best pick ever (lets call him a rook) he better prove it to you in nab cup, or get rid of him for a cheap rook. Same for coniglio. This money could be used to upgrade your 2nd ruck of your fwd line if you are set on your back line.

Solid team, have not checked the byes. Good Luck in 2012 and again awesome effort last season

n4cr123

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've considered a few of your suggestions and have downgraded lake to a rookie, upgraded Rowe to macintosh and didak to Zara.....

Now my rucks are:  cox , macintosh
Backs: Goddard, lids, broughton, heppell, Clark, rookie
Forwards : buddy, fyfe, Zara, Martin, brown, rookie,rookie..

Will obviously keeping a very close eye on nab cup with lake, macintosh etc as they may be back to there best....

Thanks fr the feedback team now looks a lot more structured...

j959

[*nb: started drafting a rating post for your original "rate my team" post (as below) but got distracted and didn't get to post it - this was the response for that]
Quote from: n4cr123 on January 24, 2012, 04:54:58 PM
Hey guys here is my first team on dream team fan planner, finished around the 200 mark overall after getting to career high 5th hope this team exceeds those numbers!

(Docherty, smedts)

(shiels, McDonald)

Cox, Giles
(stephensen, Rowe)

(Zorko, Walsh)

Obviously the biggest risk I have taken is going in with 1 premo ruck, however my felling is that they seem to be a little overpriced and there will certainly be 1 or 2 that will fall in price...  I very much like the guns and rookie strategy so I'm not 100% sold on taking any mid pricers ( unless they are proven scorers) as for the byes, I will take it as it comes, as I don't think you should shy away from the team you thin is deal just because of a bye.... We have trades to get out of those sort of situations....
200 overall?!?! - you don't need help ...  ;)

i'm going to be harsh just for the 'ell of it ...

Fair bit of risk in that backline but as long as you've calculated for it ...

-0.5 for collective risk in backline (drawn down for your predicted calculation of risk)
-0.5 for risk on 'rookie' 2nd ruck (also scaled down for calculated risk)
-0.75 for risk in forward line - Dids (punting on form return), Browny (age/recklessnes), Treloar & Cameron (rooks)

Gives you a rating of 8.25 - maybe not so harsh after all??

Good luck!  ;)

[now you’ve made changes you can edit your original post â€" my comments on those changes follow]
Quote from: n4cr123 on January 25, 2012, 01:47:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I've considered a few of your suggestions and have downgraded lake to a rookie, upgraded Rowe to macintosh and didak to Zara.....

Now my rucks are:  cox , macintosh
Backs: Goddard, lids, broughton, heppell, Clark, rookie
Forwards : buddy, fyfe, Zara, Martin, brown, rookie,rookie..

Will obviously keeping a very close eye on nab cup with lake, macintosh etc as they may be back to there best....

Thanks fr the feedback team now looks a lot more structured...
Add back 0.5 for replacement of Giles starting to HMac
Add back 0.25 for swap of Dids to Zaha
Gives you a 9 ... I think â€" that’s not harsh either!  ;)