Hawka's Hawks: Ruckmen

Started by Hawka, January 24, 2012, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Hey guys bored so over the next couple of days il do some profiles on players or a position
First Id thought i would start of with the hawks rucks and what dreamteam relevance they have and also Job security so lets get started :)

Max Bailey  205cm
2011 Games: 13
DT average: 68.5

Maxxie finally found his feet after so many knee reconstructions and put together an impressive 13 games displaying that he is a talented ruckmen.Max averaged just under 70 which was very good for a rookie priced ruckmen
This year however he has a much inflated price at 339k.No doubt he can improve on last years average as he is now the hawks clear number 1 ruckmen and should play 20+ games if fit.Though its a big if.But the question is will he score high enough to warrant a selection. Probably not , though if he holds up he could be a very handy unique im predicting an average in the early to mid 70s

Sam Grimley 199cm
2011 Games: 0
DT Average: N/A

This will be Sam's third season at the club and he is devoloping nicely after coming to the club as a player who needed to bulk up.At 86kg (last seasons weight) he probaly still has to baulk up a bit more to meet the rigours of AFL football for such a young man.This year the hawks have a variety of ruckmen and unless there is many injuries i think we will see Sam make his afl debut in 2013

David Hale 201cm also forward
2011 Games: 17
DT average: 69.3

This will be David's second season at the hawks after being traded from the Kangas after the 2010 season.Hale had a mixed season with injuries and also inconsistent DT scores.Hale took the role of second ruck (sometimes 1st) and as a tall option up forward and at times was very handy for the team and the team's structure after being around 180k last year he is priced at 342k and I don't see much improvement in his score if any and i have a feeling by the end of season he may not be in the best 22.I predict an Average from the Mid 60s to early 70s 

Luke Lowden 204cm
2011 Games: 0
Luke Is entering his fourth year at the club and has developed really well to the point were he could be pushing for selection in the early rounds with an impressive NAB cup. Luke has had his injury concerns but looks over them and has had a great pre season with Clarko saying Lowden should début sometime this year.He does not fit in with Bailey but if Maxxie is injured or rested for a week or so we could see Lowden thrown into the team ahead of other options depending on the opponent.Lowden could prove a handy ruckmen for my ruck setup if he performs well in the NAB but his scoring potential is limited an him and Max don't fit together into the team, well at least not yet. If he does play don't expect more then 50

Broc McCauley 202cm   (played in 2011 for brisbane)
2011 Games: 3
DT Average: 63.3
Broc has come to the hawks from via the pre season draft after Brisbane de listed him despite looking all right in the 3 games he got last year.I feel Broc has been bought to the club primarily as cover for Bailey and Lowden and maybe Hale.Unless one of these guys go down for a while or there form is shocking i don't see Broc playing much an of course he has to be elevated.

Adam Pattinson 197cm  also forward
2011 Games: 0 .5 in 2010 with St kilda
Adam also joined the hawks via the rookie draft.He spent the 2011 season playing for the box hill hawks and looked good enough we decided to recruit him.This is his third club after playing for Richmond and St kilda previously.Along with Broc i feel he was only picked as cover which is a good thing, For Roughy,Hale and maybe even Buddy as he has the ability to not only ruck but also play up forward.Though if he does find his way into the team I don't see any decent scores coming out of him

Jarryd Roughead 193cm also forward
2011 Games: 11
DT Average: 83.8
Roughead moved into the ruck after David Hale went down against St Kilda and from there he only got better as he looked really good as an undersized ruckmen.Though an Achilles injury midway through the season ruled him out for the season.Since then Roughnut has had a late start to the Pre season but in recent weeks he has stepped up his training in a bid to play for round one which i think is close to a certainty.I would love him to ruck again but its doubtful he will at least not until later in the season.There has also been talks he may play down back but i don't think we will see that he should be soon inside the 50 and hopefully later in the season rucking at times.I predict a drop in average if he doesn't ruck a lot but not by much i say late 70s to mid 80s

Well there it is the hawks rucks profiled.Not really much there but will any of yous take a risk on a ruckmen

picker_man

pffff nope
bring on the backs and forwards plz  :P

Hawka

Quote from: picker_man on January 24, 2012, 11:14:01 PM
pffff nope
bring on the backs and forwards plz  :P
i doubt il do that lol need to focus on homework after tonight may do a few players in those postions for certain reasons :P

Colliwobblers

nice work Hawka, look forward to seeing some more of the same, interesting as i hadnt looked at hawk rucks at all, did see a nice write up on Hale today but was more about last season than this season.

Thanks for the post!