This madness can only make me stronger!!

Started by AndrewY, January 19, 2012, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewY

Latest version of my team. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I know rd 12 is an issue but I may be able to live with that for a few rounds at least.

TEAM NAME: Team Baldman
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, P. Hanley, R. Shaw, B. Smedts, T. Golds (J. Allen, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, A. Sexton, L. Brown (T. Couch, M. Baguley)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, A. Pattison)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, M. Pavlich, A. Tomlinson, D. Pfeiffer, D. Zorko (S. Kerridge, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $200

ScoreGasm

Quote from: AndrewY on January 19, 2012, 03:16:35 PM
Latest version of my team. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I know rd 12 is an issue but I may be able to live with that for a few rounds at least.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, P. Hanley, R. Shaw, B. Smedts, T. Golds (J. Allen, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, A. Sexton, L. Brown (T. Couch, M. Baguley)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, M. Pavlich, A. Tomlinson, D. Pfeiffer, D. Zorko (S. Kerridge, S. Rowe)

Backs: Make sure Heath Shaw isn't at the TAB lol. I would downgrade R.Shaw to say Lake or M.Clarke. They will average the same if not more and are cheaper.

Mids: Loving the GnR idea. Solid midfield, keep an ye on your rooks in the NAB Cup

Rucks: Solid

Forwards:I would try to find a way to get Dustin Martin or Patty Dangerfield in there. Danger is training with the midfield and reports are saying he is having his best ever pre-season. Maybe downgrade S.Johnson or M.Pavlich for Danger as he is cheaper and you may be able to use the extra cash elsewhere.

Otherwise very solid team :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: AndrewY on January 19, 2012, 03:16:35 PM

DEF: solid - r shaw is interesting, expecting him to increase that average by 25 points ? or trading him up later in season?
MID: solid nothing wrong here but sexton needs to be elevated from rookie list i do rate him highly tho.
RUC: super power :) giles over pattison tho 100%
FWD: solid - keep an eye on kerridge getting a game in nab cup and rowe, and again pfieffer needs to be elevated off the rookie list.

Overall, solid side well structured, fwd line round 12 donut with your 3 premiums, same in the midfield, this is ok if you get the rooks on those lines out from that round either bychanging them now or upgrading them between rounds 1 and 11.

It is ok because it is commonly accepted that you will have to get 2 donuts minimum over the bye rounds just make sure thats your only 2 :)

Hanley unique but good and i really dont know about r shaw, would look at grimes waters or even lake or conca through nab cup over him. And yes you can afford grimes or waters by downgrading tomlinson to treloar, a good move anyway imo.

Like your team nice premiums, watch the rooks in nabcup its a gun rook side very safe.

upthemaidens

its pretty solid..
i would downgrade r.shaw  and upgrade fwd rookie to best player u can afford
i dont like your mid-rookies ,but i guess they are only there until nab cup anyhow

and yes round 12 is a problem and a way to solve that is,, swap selwood to murphy and pavlich to martin, problem solved

Scrads

Yeah I doubt R.Shaw will ever become a top 10 backman contender so you could probably use that spot a little wiser... Also think every team needs Dustin Martin in the forward line. Johnson's starting price is probabky a bit to high, you could downgrade him to Martin and use the cash to upgrade Shaw.

AndrewY

Thanks for all the tips and advice dream teamers.
I have adjusted a few things as mentioned.
Any new ideas?

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, P. Hanley, R. Conca, B. Smedts, T. Golds (J. Allen, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, D. Shiel, L. Brown (T. Couch, M. Baguley)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, S. Rowe)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Martin, A. Treloar, J. Porplyzia, D. Zorko (S. Kerridge, A. Sexton)
CASH LEFT: $12,000

Colliwobblers

Quote from: AndrewY on January 20, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
Thanks for all the tips and advice dream teamers.
I have adjusted a few things as mentioned.
Any new ideas?
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, P. Hanley, R. Conca, B. Smedts, T. Golds (J. Allen, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, D. Shiel, L. Brown (T. Couch, M. Baguley)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, S. Rowe)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Martin, A. Treloar, J. Porplyzia, D. Zorko (S. Kerridge, A. Sexton)
CASH LEFT: $12,000

DEF: super solid love it
MID: 3 premiums from round 12 bye one is a donut but thats ok, great players the 4 best imo
RUCK: super
FWD: strong also.

VERYVERY gun/rook team which is the safest and best option i think.

very nice team great premiums