Mid :- 1Prem, 2 Hopefulls the rest rookies ??????? NOT any more !!!!!!!!!!

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 23, 2012, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lozza63

Hey Sabretooth,

bacs - dont like Waters (massive injury risk) or Armstrong (no scoring history) there as neither strike me as top 10 defenders by seasons end - get some cheaper rookies there for value.
mids - Why Ziebell not Swallow from north? Ziebell seems set for a reasonable year but really cant see him ahead of Andrew at the end of the year.
rucs - fair enough
fwds - quite like Leigh - gets plenty of mid time too doesnt he - a rarer type pick.

With a structure like that Ziebell at M3 is way too risky - very hard to place him even Barlow ahead of the likes of Murphy/Selwood/Pendles/Swan/Swallow/Priddis. So i'd pick a more senior est. gun.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: lozza63 on January 26, 2012, 06:42:19 PM
Hey Sabretooth,

bacs - dont like Waters (massive injury risk) or Armstrong (no scoring history) there as neither strike me as top 10 defenders by seasons end - get some cheaper rookies there for value.
mids - Why Ziebell not Swallow from north? Ziebell seems set for a reasonable year but really cant see him ahead of Andrew at the end of the year.
rucs - fair enough
fwds - quite like Leigh - gets plenty of mid time too doesnt he - a rarer type pick.

With a structure like that Ziebell at M3 is way too risky - very hard to place him even Barlow ahead of the likes of Murphy/Selwood/Pendles/Swan/Swallow/Priddis. So i'd pick a more senior est. gun.

Waters is the best price / score defender by far IMO, and will close eyes and take the risk. If I'm right I have 1 unique, if wrong will have to trade and I intend to be very miserly on trades this year. The Armstrong/ Ziebell/A Swalow comment makes a lot of sense and will follow your suggestion. Gonna throw one out of left field at you. Barracked for Tiges for over 50 yrs and D Connors, if in favour could do anything. Was $498,000 pre SC last year and as a result of injuries and a nothing year and is well under $300,000 this year. If he gets a go have a bit of a look at him. Thanks for the comments, cheers and goodluck for 2012 in everything.

lozza63

Dan Connors - yeah i agree very good footballer, unfortunately doesnt seem to have the required discipline to make the most of his gift.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: lozza63 on January 27, 2012, 11:08:41 AM
Dan Connors - yeah i agree very good footballer, unfortunately doesnt seem to have the required discipline to make the most of his gift.
:-\ 8) ;)    Change of plans    $2,500 beer money.

DEF   B Goddard D/M   B Deledio  D/M   G Birchall   C Yarran   B Waters   M Clarke   T Mohr               RES   S Morris
                                                                                                                                                    L Spurr

MID   S Pendlebury   G Ablett   C Judd   M Barlow   C Bartlett   D Shiel                                           RES   T Golds D/M
                                                                                                                                                    H Crozier M/F

RUCK      D Cox         M Luenberger                                                                                           RES   O Stephensen
                                                                                                                                                     J Giles

FOR    L Franklin   D Martin M/F   L Adams M/F   J Brown   I Folou   C Hampton M/F   A Treloar M/F     
                                                         RES
                                                                    B Smedts   A Pattison

Had to trim the forward line a bit but figure it just may be worth it. Have seen D Cox in so few teams can almost claim him as a unique. Got the biggest guns in now, it's very hard to upgrade to those prices. The rookies can only be selected on speculation at this point but have a hunch about Curtly Hampton. Cheers and feel free to harpoon this team.

alexross

Foward line is too weak IMO. Taking pendles at that price could be a mistake. He will have to score 130 a week just too keep his price there. With Bucks apparently wanting to run Beams and Sidey through the midfield that could drop his scores just that little bit for his price to come down.
Also im not sure Cox will have as much game time this year as he is getting a bit older and with Nik Nat improving they might rest Cox a bit more. If you got someone else in for both of those players you could upgrade in your FWDs