Ruck Help

Started by Adz23, February 01, 2012, 01:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz23

I'm currently setting up my ruck division and debating whether to run with

Option A) Cox & Leuenberger
OR
Option B) Mumford & Sandilands

which one do you think would be better for the overall season?

im attemping to set up a 2 premium ruck set up that wont need to change unless injury occuries so the cash cowes of gilies and rowe / stephensen are used elsewhere in my SC

DoctorRush

IMO Option 2 is better.

I think Sandi and Mummy have some upside. Maybe up to 10 points each average extra,
whereas I reckon Cox will struggle to maintain 123, if not drop a little.
I like Burgers upside, but I think it will be outweighed by Cox not doing his half of the job.
I think both options are close, but maybe Option 2 shades Option 1 just.

ben_020285

Both options would mean that both your rucks would have the bye at the same time forcing you to play both your rookie rucks if they're even available at the time!

Cox and Leuey - Round 11 bye

Sandi and Mummy - Round 12 bye

I think you need to choose one of Cox and Leuey and one of Sandi and Mummy.

I've gone with Leuey and Mummy.

Cruiseon

What about Hmac as an option?

scotty_222

his price is appealing, im just worried about how it all fits into place..
petrie, goldy and h mac
they surely will be all taking points off each other?

St.FatBoy

I initially had HMac in my team, but reckon he'll struggle with Goldie & Petrie as preferred options.  He will go up in value, but not guaranteed a game so best to go for 2 premiums to hopefully avoid a ruck trade.  There are 3 good rookie option (Giles, Orren & Rowe) so you just need to balance the R11-13 byes to make sure you always have 2 available.

Considered Jacobs or McEvoy, as both are the primo rucks and will play unless injured.

As always all spots up for grabs pending NAB form

Adz23

Hey All,
thanks for all the replies its been fairly helpful,
obviously stepping around the byes is the first challenge to deal with and then selected players around it all,

Cox worries me a little this year as for not maintaining his average let alone Natinui doing more of the ruck load,
same with Leuenberger having hudsen and longer there behind them, obviously both Cox and Leuenberger will do most of there ruck load but i wonder how this will effect there scores and price, compared to someone line Mumford that has Seaby backing him up which wont do much.

sandilands appeals on price and he performed alright late in the season last year when he came back, so he could be value, its a lil hard to place him with mummy tho

Torress

sandi is again tempting but he's been a pain in the ass in the past.

mummy is a good pick this year i think mate.
atm i have mummy and cox. i can't leave cox out or i'm finding it difficult to. if i were to not selcet cox it would be goldy or leuy - mummy is the lock this year for mine.

meow meow

Adelaide - Jacobs and not a whole lot else. Might be a smokie rookie hidden here. Jacobs is the only ruck that has played an AFL game, so he'll get so much opportunity to score big.

Brisbabe - Leuenberger is hugely popular at the moment. They got Ben Hudson as back up, but he might play a handful of games. Longer has put on 6kg since being drafted and he'll also get a crack at it at some stage. This might have an effect on Luey who likes to play 100% game time as the sole ruck. He's a gun though so it will take more than that to stop him.

Carlton - Warnock and Kreuzer are killing each others scores. Warnock doesn't get enough possessions so i can't see him getting any better. Kreuzer doesn't get enough time in the ruck, and it will continue to be the case unless Warnock gets dropped. Rowe will come in later when he's over his injury, and he'll go alright. Nice downgrade target.

Collingwood - Jolly is in good shape so he's definitely going to hog the ruck again. Never been too good at SC though. Wood will get games but is far too risky, and will be 2nd fiddle. Witts is so raw and even if he does play, he won't dominate.

Essendon - the 3 rucks will fight for spots again you'd presume. Ryder will play every game due to his ability to play anywhere, and he might be a good unique.

Freo - Turf Toe is being written off due to his notoriety of missing games. He's still got the ability to outscore every other ruck though, and if he plays a whole season he will be in the top 2 rucks. I remember round 3 when he got subbed off 5 mins into the 3rd quarter and scored 108. Played with a dodgy foot since round 9 and still went pretty well. Griffin is a gun but we can't pick him because of his JS. Clarke will play as a key forward so don't touch him.

Gold Coast - Zmith was the best thing since Barlow, and he's in the good books of us SC players. Had a great 1st season, and will improve with another preseason into him. Zero competition since Josh is pretty much a perm forward. A fine choice for 2nd ruck. Could add 20 points onto his average.

Geelong - We all know what is going on here. O is a lock. West is far too risky for my liking. He played 6 games as 2nd fiddle to Ottens. Not enough data to judge him on. May struggle as 1st ruck. May lack opportunity as 2nd ruck.

GWS - Brogan will play 22 games as the sole ruckman just to piss everyone off. Nah, Sheedy loves SC and will help us out.

Hawthorn - Max will improve by only up to 85. Roughy will have to play majority forward due to not having the fitness behind him, so he's not a great option even if he does get up for round 1.

Melbourne - a couple of players who you can't make any money on, and who won't be in the top 5 rucks. Pass.

North - Goldstein and HMac both have the ability to take marks and gather possessions around the ground, so there is room for 2. The highest scoring ruck had another ruck in his team for the whole year and it didn't seem to hurt. Good players find a way to contribute, and both of these players are good players. HMac gets the boot if they one want/need one ruck at times though.

Port - what a mess. They might line up in round 1 without a ruckman, and have Trengove do the honours.

Richmond - 3 players that have no JS, no chance to make decent coin on, and no chance of being a top ruckman. Derickx migh be a good downgrade target.

St Kilda - Locking Big Boy in would be a top idea. Only 2 scores below 70, and he has no competition for spots. Had an outstanding patch of form, only missed 1 game, but also has some room for improvement.

Sydney - Think of Mummy as Sandilands. Potential to destroy like few others can, but do you trust him to play enough games to be worth it?  Having Seaby as reliable back up may see the Swans rest Mummy for a week here and there if he's got a niggle.

Western Bulldogs - Roughead is being touted as a forward so put a line through him. Not that he was an option anyway. However, this means Minson will get plenty of time in the ruck. A smokie for your 2nd ruck spot. He's the right age, in the best shape of his career, killing it at training, and not drinking that damn soy milk. Ayce could be a key to your team if you're playing 3 rookies. Will get a lot of games, and is cheap enough to make money on still.

West Coast - The best scoring player as a unique? That's like having Goddard in 2010 when nobody else does. Cox is expensive, but he's that price for a reason. NicNat improved so much as the season wore on, and his scores improved too. Include his finals games, and from round 11 onwards he averaged 113. Lock him into your 2nd ruck spot. The Eagles could very well have the top 2 scoring rucks by seasons end.

So, for the risk takers - Sandi/Mummy as 1st ruck, Zmith/Ryder/Kreuzer/HMac/West/Minson as 2nd ruck.

For the reliables - Cox/Goldy/Jacobs/McEvoy/Luey/Naitanui