Orren Stephenson

Started by ubeaut, January 06, 2012, 06:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Just wondering why people are so sure that West will be no. 1 ruck? When Stephenson got drafted people were saying it was for him to be no. 1 with his V.F.L form. Why else would they draft a 29 year old when there's already Vardy and Hawkins as back ups?

4INAROW

i think bcoz since geelong have used hawkins purely as a forward he has improved and they'll want to continue doing that. he struggles alternating between the two. And geelong has said in an article that west is a long term prospect for the club and hopefully a ten year player, so they're not going to rush his recovery, so i guess stephensen could very well become number 1 ruck with this year with a blistering performance early, i just think the no1 spot is reserved for west.

nichsa673

Because Vardy is injured and it isnt clear when he will come back, and now there are only two forwards and thats when Hawkins playing better because more is going to him. eg, Grand Final Domination (Pods injured). Geelong only have young ruckman. GO CATS

4INAROW

pavs nose

i think he will end up being the equivalent of zac smith last year. very handy back up that will play most games with a healthy average. only thing is everyone will have him so no major advantage to gain!

Hippo

Quote from: pavs nose on January 06, 2012, 07:35:19 PM
i think he will end up being the equivalent of zac smith last year. very handy back up that will play most games with a healthy average. only thing is everyone will have him so no major advantage to gain!
Rrrr but you can play it to your avg if you believe what you say and have the balls to follow through. Play the 2 rookie ruckman as r1 & 2 and add another 2 prem mids to your team or 1 fwd and 1 mid. I bet not everyone will being doing that!

pavs nose

Quote from: ubeaut on January 06, 2012, 06:08:33 PM
Just wondering why people are so sure that West will be no. 1 ruck? When Stephenson got drafted people were saying it was for him to be no. 1 with his V.F.L form. Why else would they draft a 29 year old when there's already Vardy and Hawkins as back ups?

True. Not loading up in the rucks but am avoiding 2 rookie starters. Hmac and kruezer as starters

meow meow

Vardy is back in full training, and should be right for the start of the season.