Heath Shaw Rule

Started by Matty411, December 16, 2011, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do we like the new 'Heath Shaw' trade rule?

Hell yes - will solve Monday Trading Syndrome
4 (30.8%)
No way - this just makes it easier for the impatient out there
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 23, 2011, 12:48:00 PM

Matty411

What to we think of this new rule? I for one am not a huge fan. It will however help given we won't know the teams until 6:20pm. Whilst it will help with people who can't trade on Fridays, it will mostly just make it too easy IMO...

Tex-Factor

i dont like it either. i think they should try to make fantasy footy emulate real life whenever possible...as an adelaide fan ive got a few trades and injuries i would like to reverse! playing thru the bye rounds is chit too.

Matty411

Yeah I agree... the reality of it makes it more interesting. Now it will simulate a game of FIFA where if you make a bad decision you can just 'undo' it.

It should be about making decisions and living with the consequences - however good or bad... noobs will love it though.

Colliwobblers

yeah not a fan, i made some premature trades last year and some impulse angry trades and lived with them and lesson learned where it backfired.

My thoughts are as long as you can trade after the teams go up you need no rule to allow reversal

fidou

I for one love it as I was done over by Heath Shaw that day and will always be done over as I'm always going to be unable to change late Friday with work commitments.

Colliwobblers

but havent you got to log on late friday anyway after the news breaks (for example a player you traded in is out), and choose to undo your trades?

Scrads

Slightly annoying because it helps the noobs, but it was inevitable really.

CFC 1979

seriously it is a stupid rule. People who got burn't last year with Shaws betting were unlucky.

But luck is a big part of this game. Injury, Illness, late outs, STUPID BETS, ect.

I traded Ablett in 2 years ago on the Friday and they announced late Friday he was out for the weekend.
What about all those who had Lenny last year when the knee went.

Just bad luck.

If they were serious about  this then we should be able to change our sides when there is a late change
or as is the norm the prem culling come finals time for a rest

Windigo

All my mates love it.....

Despite my constant reminders that you only trade after Friday night teams.....

Didn't stop them from trading Monday morning every week. Now they can do that and change it after.  :(

Not a fan.  >:(

St.FatBoy

I'm not a fan either!  Gives those who can't hold off the trade button on Monday a way out of their impulsive action.  Was always going to happen with the AFL wanting to appeal to more peeps and giving them their cry-baby button appeases them.