Maancos team v.1.0 Rate for a Rate

Started by maanco, November 15, 2011, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy.G.Biv

Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 10:55:31 PM
thanks guys
i've picked Hayes because he is and has been training the house down and rumor has it that Barlow is on a restricted program.

@Roy are you aiming for the same ruck combo as me?? if not who??

McIntosh, Stephenson, (Giles, Pattison R/F) with Rowe R/F on fwd line bench.

With Vardy & Simpson missing early I reckon he could do nicely indeed.
H-Mac is at such a juicy price for his potential.
It could well go pear shaped, and its early days ofcourse.
I'll still go 4 premos & 4 rooks in the mids, and go for stronger backs and forwards.
Can even afford to go with a mid-pricer as my 5th mid- atm looking at Atley- nice early draw, Zeibell suspended for first 2 rnds, and ??? over Wells for early rounds makes him a nice little smokie imho.

picker_man

Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 10:10:05 PM
thanks guys

@FF
i see where your coming from with shaw and sandi but i'm not to sure about them.

@Picker
thanks for the info on heppell i had no idea he had put on a bit of weight. Where did you find that out?? (source??)
at the moment I'm not to sure about about most the back premiums which is why i've upgraded else where instead of back there.
After finishing my team i saw that i had $190k left and i couldn't find anywhere where that i felt like was worth upgrading, so i devised a plan. In rd5-10 i will upgrade one of my rooks (fwd or ruck thanks to rowes DPP) to a premium ruck. Or i could just upgrade somewhere else if the price is right.

To those wanting me to rate there teams please leave a link to your thread.

Your plan to keep the money sounds good and its different so stick to it m8 and good luck :)

maanco

very cheep ruck stocks there Roy :)

thanks picker

popedelio

Solid team mate, really cant see much room for improvement, though i'm not always the fan of having a rookie being your 2nd ruck, but it seems you can pull it off again this year.
Quote from: picker_man on January 15, 2012, 11:53:25 PM
Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 10:10:05 PM
thanks guys

@FF
i see where your coming from with shaw and sandi but i'm not to sure about them.

@Picker
thanks for the info on heppell i had no idea he had put on a bit of weight. Where did you find that out?? (source??)
at the moment I'm not to sure about about most the back premiums which is why i've upgraded else where instead of back there.
After finishing my team i saw that i had $190k left and i couldn't find anywhere where that i felt like was worth upgrading, so i devised a plan. In rd5-10 i will upgrade one of my rooks (fwd or ruck thanks to rowes DPP) to a premium ruck. Or i could just upgrade somewhere else if the price is right.

To those wanting me to rate there teams please leave a link to your thread.

Your plan to keep the money sounds good and its different so stick to it m8 and good luck :)

I have $250k left in the bank, i've always made my teams that way and always plays out well for me.

Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 10:55:31 PM
thanks guys
i've picked Hayes because he is and has been training the house down and rumor has it that Barlow is on a restricted program.

@Roy are you aiming for the same ruck combo as me?? if not who??

Barlow isn't on any restricted program
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/127710/default.aspx
"The 24-year-old completed 40 minutes of simulated match practice with the main playing group and then led teammates in running laps of Fremantle Oval, running freely 18 months after his sickening left leg break."

Being from WA there's always news on freo and Barlow, things are looking positive.

So to me Barlow will be better value because he has more potential to average 105+, which means he can become a keeper, though none the less Lenny should still perform if you don't wanna spend that extra 40k

maanco

thanks pepedelio

when you leave 250k in the bank what place do you usually finish in

popedelio

last year wasn't as strong as some seasons, though i still finished at 4088. In 2010 i started with 500k in the bank and finished 534, which is the highest i have finished. Really depends on your taste, i now always start with 200k+ since 2008.

The strategy is so that your team increases more value then any other team at the end of the season. During the season you will reach a full premium side before any other team. for example by rd 13 i had a full side.

my current structure is this:
5/0/1/3 - 2/1/1/4 - 2/0/1/1 - 5/0/0/4 = 14/1/3/12 (in the format of premium/mid/cheap/rookie for each position)

maanco

as long as your team doesnt cop a heap of injurys it could work out great

Eagle

not sure about shaw, mainly cos im sick of being on his rollercoaster of scores haha, but rest of your teamslooking really good.
not sure about hayes though, at that price needs to be akeeper and would need to average 105+ reckon he can do it at 33? and back from not first knee reco?