Main Menu

Montagna

Started by hardnut, January 14, 2012, 12:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardnut

Haven't seen or heard much about Joey so far but priced at 98ppg and a proven super-premium he could be the big beneficiary of the returning Hayes and back to his +110avg ways. I've got him in my current FP team but have you?

Anyone else think he's good value and if not why?

Colliwobblers

To be honest I don't know a lot about the setup of the saints midfield and what difference to dalsanto and montagna lennys return will make, but I had montagna last year all year and he was just not up to scratch, he seems to play the same kinda role as pendles just not as well, he is a no for me but yeah at his price I would love for someone to convince me why he is worth having too.

chaosAD

He burnt me last year! So many good Mids this year so I can't have him but he's capable of getting back to 110 no doubt! He should be in the prime of his career so although he's a risk it might be one that could pay off for you!

hardnut

i didn't have hmi, last year so don't carry the frustration of some others. As you say should be hitting his prime. I'm just surprised how quickly he's been dropped by the DT community. will remain an outside accumulator who kicks goals and takes marks off kick ins. Hoping to see NDS back in the mids full time too. Then NDS/Hayes get tagged and Monty goes bonkers!

The It

Never again, not after last year

dmagnus

Quote from: The It on January 14, 2012, 01:03:57 AM
Never again, not after last year

Yeah him and Bartel really ruined my last year, never again

hardnut

Bartel scoring dropped due to positional changes, that hasn't happened to Joey so while they shared a drop in scoring I don't think putting them in the same bucket is valid

Windigo

A lot of midfield talent cropping up.

He wouldn't be the worse pick. But maybe the days of smashing 120+ consistently are behind him?

CuStArDaRm

good value but wont finish as a top ten mid-fielder so no from me