2nd Ruck VS 2 mid pricers

Started by kilbluff1985, January 08, 2012, 03:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Ok so i'm finding this is my dilemma at the moment

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $48,400.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Matt Suckling, Dyson Heppell, Reece Conca, Matthew Buntine, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Josh Tynan

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Scott Thompson, Stephen Coniglio, Adam Treloar
James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, John Butcher, Israel Folau, Jeremy Cameron
Dayne Zorko, Tory Dickson

So i can have either Conca and Butcher or a 2nd prem Ruck the reason i'm more leaning towards Conca and Butcher is because i think they will gain in value and i believe all 3 rookie Rucks that i have will provide high enough scores and get enough games and also gain in significant value.

Not only this i will also have 5 pretty much guaranteed starters in defense and forward  which i think is very important will save me stress, zeros and trades.

I know why John Butcher will be brought up but on his form late last season i'm willing to take the chance.

nichsa673

How do you only have 50k left with that team?

Galea89

I would get both Butcher and Conca outof your team for starters!

I had Conca all last year, he will be an ok player one day but atm he is not supercoach worthy. His awkwardly priced and not worth picking up. He wont make you cash and isnt good enough to stay in your squad. Butcher is the same. Butcher is a gun but he wont make you any cash. He only gets a handful of possessions, ie. one game he had 6 kicks for 6 goals. He scored around 70sc for that performance. I would pass.

Downgrade B.Ellis to S.Morris. Morris is the tigers 22year old pick up who will play round 1.
Get rid of Folau and Jack Riewoldt. There are better forward rookies instead of Folau, ie. Saad, Milera, Walsh. Jack riewoldt had 3 seperate operations on his hip, finger and something else. He was a spud last year sc wise and with all his injuries and 0 pre season i cant see him improving. If you downgraded ellis to morris, butcher to Saad, Conca to Wilkes... you should have enough for your 2nd ruck.

IMO I would get Mcintosh as your second ruck. His cheap and will be a premium!

kilbluff1985

You really think Saad will get games behind Milne and all there other small forwards etc?

nichsa673

Agree with everything said except that McIntosh being a premium. He gets his ponts from hitouts in the center. He will not be in the centre, he will be up forward if anywhere, and will only pinch hit in the ruck with Petrie.

kilbluff1985

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $800.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Matt Suckling, Dyson Heppell, Matthew Buntine, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris
Beau Wilkes, Josh Tynan

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Scott Thompson, Stephen Coniglio, Adam Treloar
James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh

Shane Mumford, Mark Jamar
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Ahmed Saad, Israel Folau, Jeremy Cameron
Dayne Zorko, Tory Dickson

Ok this is the new team Jamar is the best i could get i think his ok i'm set on having Folau in my team

nichsa673

Trade Swan for Barlow and trade one of Cameron or Folau for Christensen

Kuruki

I think it is a bit risky to have 3 rooks on field in the forwards and backs. Maybe after NAB you might get away with it if you get on the right ones.
I think the fact you have Franklin and Stevie J and you have a stacked mid with Swan Pendels Ablett and Thomo. Is forcing you to take the risk on rookies.
There is a few changes you could make to free up some cash that i dont think will affect your side too much at all. Chopping Jamar to HMac and Coniglio to Clifton, Shiel or Horsley will save you a bit of cash.
Maybe look at turning Tynan or Wilkes into Marty Clarke who should slot straight into Collingwoods 22.

Folau and Zorko should play round1. Cameron is a good chance also. But if one of them dont, you might be in a bit of trouble.