Risky FWD line?

Started by Adamant, January 11, 2012, 12:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Hey Guys, was just wondering if I am relying on too many 'Breakout' seasons from my DPP's in my FWD line?
Here it is:

DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, R. Conca, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (S. Morris, L. Brown)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, K. Horsely, D. Shiel (D. Zorko, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, T. Walsh (A. Treloar, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $14,200

Is it too risky?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Adamant on January 11, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
Hey Guys, was just wondering if I am relying on too many 'Breakout' seasons from my DPP's in my FWD line?
Here it is:

DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, R. Conca, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (S. Morris, L. Brown)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, K. Horsely, D. Shiel (D. Zorko, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, T. Walsh (A. Treloar, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $14,200

Is it too risky?

LOL you underlined them s o you know your relying on 4 :)

But i think there is a lot of expectation on zaka martin sidebottom, but christensen will be a different story a lot will say NO 2nd year wait till next year and a lot will get on him now,

I don't think its a risky FWD line at all, I have zaka, martin and christo and will probably get an equivalent to sidebottom in (that soesnt share the bye with zaka and christo (12) my other fwd keepers are buddy and martin (13), so ill be putting in another player at that mid/breakout price.

Your team is AWESOME from my perspective, and in my humble oppinion, (ignoring rooks completely until nab cup bla bla)

Only issue is if christensen becomes a keeper you have him on a bye with zaka and sidebottom on round 12 - only thing that has kept sidebottom out of my fwd line so far.

Adamant

yeah was thinking that about Chrisso, if he becomes a keeper I will have him, Zaka and Sidebum out in round 12 which will hurt (trying to keep no more than 2 premo's out during bye rounds for each position). The obvious solution is just to swap Chrisso with Brown, but I dont wanna miss the Chrisso boat!

dswallow24

i reckon your forwards allgoods .

Mine is like that too, but a bit more risky.

L Franklin , M Robinson , D Zaharakis , N Riewoldt , A Christensen , J Brown , D Zorko (A Saad , S Rowe)

Don't worry i have enough cash anyways. For now i'm going risky but i will see how they go in the NAB Cup .

CuStArDaRm

looks ok mate.
nothing wrong with being a little risky in the fwd line especially when your picking running forwards who play through the middle.
Imo there probably the best ones to take a risk on coz you know they will chase the ball on occasion.

Football Factory

Yeah your team looks good... well balanced

Manbearpig

They're all good picks. I expect Zaharakis and Martin to average 90+ and Sidebottom probably will too. Christensen could get there as well, plus you've got the DPP link in the mids which you only have to maintain for that bye round - and hope that Zorko (or whoever you replace him with) plays.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Manbearpig on January 11, 2012, 07:16:54 PM
They're all good picks. I expect Zaharakis and Martin to average 90+ and Sidebottom probably will too. Christensen could get there as well, plus you've got the DPP link in the mids which you only have to maintain for that bye round - and hope that Zorko (or whoever you replace him with) plays.

I agree they are good pick, but he will still be in trouble in round 12 using dpp to move sidebottom will make no difference as swan and barlow will be on the bench there already :(

Maybe thats one of the two "unavoidable" donuts you have to cop over the 3 rounds, might be worth it for his output anyway, i haven't done the exact maths on what the least harful setup is for the byes this year, someone smarter will do it :)

upthemaidens

i think its a pretty decent fwd line actually,, if anything i WOULDN't take franklin haha well not in DT, SC its a different story

Adamant

Cheers for feedback guys  :)