My 1st team of 2012!

Started by dcmagadia21, December 16, 2011, 10:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: crumpetjack on January 02, 2012, 08:11:41 PM
Scotland and Giles waaaay better IMO. Far more reliable less risky and I also think better output.

Scotland is a great choice, my only concerns being Goddard and Deledio bye (and Carrazzo), but depends on tactics want to use to combat byes
? Think Giles is safer than Hmac?

muggle25

Just a couple of observations:

Clifton is a mid only, not dpp
Docherty is coming off surgury and doubtful to be fit by round 1

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Master Q on January 02, 2012, 07:32:28 PM
Pretty much Grimes & Hmac v Scotland & Giles + 10k

Go with your gut.

If you look at the 2 teams it is actualy SCOTLAND & ROWE  vs GRIMES & HMAC.

Given that I would go team 1 just. and depending totally on how grimes is come March.

crumpetjack

Quote from: Master Q on January 02, 2012, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: crumpetjack on January 02, 2012, 08:11:41 PM
Scotland and Giles waaaay better IMO. Far more reliable less risky and I also think better output.

Scotland is a great choice, my only concerns being Goddard and Deledio bye (and Carrazzo), but depends on tactics want to use to combat byes
? Think Giles is safer than Hmac?

Moreso the Scotland 22 games vs Grimes injury proneness, tho H Mac missing most last year and Goldstein dominating does not instill confidence. Giles so cheap considering lack of GWS ruck talent.
But in relation to original post has been pointed out Rowe was the difference. Changes things a bit. I'd still opt for Scotland combo personally albeit just

Master Q

Hmmm... It's a close one which is why I said go with your gut...

Fyfe_gun

team 2 is probably stronger all round. You don't carry the risk of Grimes and Giles is good enough cover for 2nd ruck

Matty411

I agree Fyfe_Gun - team 2 is stronger and with the extra security of Scotland, you should be in a better position scoring and tradewise come bye time...

dcmagadia21

Barney and Friends Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by DC_Magsy. Salary cap left: $28,100.

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell, Matthew Buntine, Marty Clarke
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Sam Docherty, Stephen Clifton
Koby Stevens, Dayne Zorko

Ben McEvoy, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron
Tommy Walsh, Sam Kerridge

I made a few changes from my initial plan team list. I initially had Clifton on at FWD but i heard that he was listed as a MID only so i put him on the mids. I had Stevens as my 6th mid before but now he is in the bench. And i now have Cameron on the forward (supposedly one of the front runners in the Giants pre-season). Of course this is still subject to change when the NAB starts.

Colliwobblers

I really like your team, It's a brave 1+3 ruck strategy but you won't be alone in doing it and if you can have even 1 of the rooks score well consistantly in the ruck you gain the better players elsewhere from teh start and a bonus cashcow.

DEF: 9/10 very very solid 5 players on rnd 13 bye but you should have traded 2 by then anyway. Still might need to change one premium or he'll be on the pine in round 13.

MID: 8.5/10 not so loaded as the backline which is a good thing, this is where the best rooks are. first 4 good picks murph unique pick at this stage i think.

RUCK: 6/10 Ok so this has to rate low just incase. But McEvoy is solid and you have the three best of all the rooks so no great risk here it just might cost you 20 -30 points each game to teams with dual premium rucks on the ground.

FWD: 8/10 Solid with two players expected to have huge years in zaka and martin and the best franklin, only concern is how fyfe is fitness and injury wise come round 1. Good rooks if kerridge and walsh play but nab cup will help you with those decisions. porps a bargain if he scores even half well.

overall 7.85/10 nice team i think.

The F.A.R.K.

Holy shower. I thought you were a good bloke. Why have you got the worst boo to ya ration i have ever seen???

Ziplock

clearly you haven't seen DT guns cheer to boo ratio then :P