Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

im lost you already have martin brown Christensen

and ......

Really tossing up on these two

Fyfe  and Zaharias or side bum

Beams and. ??

I would say the following

1. watch fyfe to see he is fit and firing for round 1 if so he is a GUN and in for a great year.
2. Sidebottom will play in the midfield and will improve "significantly" on last season. get on him!
3. Zaka is / was a must have set for another lift on last year making him a huge fwd and at a good price lock n load..... EXCEPT, we are now all hearing about this tendonitis knees issue and wondering if his body will hold up and if he can play 21 games and average premium numbers. I hope he can and if he can he is a must have but he is now officialy under a cloud of doubt.
4. Beams is expensive but worth it but im going sidebum over him for the extra 60K in the bank

TheMailman

Note that Fyfe had all kinds of crazy shower going down with his shoulder from round 15 or so and still remained in the top 5

dmac07

Im a big collingwood and sidebottom fan but i still cant see all the huge raves on him this year! Yes there are the rumors he is going to get more midfield time, but does anyone think he will get more midfield time than any of swan, pendles, thomas, ball? Or even wellingham and beams perhaps, plaing him somewhere between 5th to 7th for midfield time at the pies.

Ziplock

not really rumours, one of the pies coaches said sidebottom would be looking at getting more mid time :P

+ at his current average he's nearly at a premium level anyway for a forward. Just a slight increase and he'll be there.

Substantial mid time however, and he could end up top 5.

dmac07

Will be interesting too, i hope he does for the pies sake! Im just more confident in a mid/fwd like zaha or martin who will be one of the main go to guys at their clubs. Could see both those guys being in the top 2 sc scorers at the clubs.

picker_man

Buckley has to think of the future of the club with players like pendles out of contract at the end of year and ball getting older 28 in may its time for buckley to let these young guns at it and when you can get sidey or beams as a forward this year why not get one or both.....

I also had big wraps for zaka this year but looks like i mite not choose him the knee tendernites or what ever the hell its called is a big worry for me and i think jimmy wont play him as a outside mid as much because of it