2nd crack - suggestions please

Started by vitch, December 18, 2011, 11:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitch

Backs: Goddard - Heppell - Duffield - Carlisle - Lake - Hargreaves - Connors  (Smedts - Buntine)                                                     

Mids: Pendlebury - Ablett - Selwood - Zarharakis - D. Swallow - Gaff  (Dalziell - Brendan Lee)

Rucks: Leuenburger - McIntosh  (Gorringe - Longer)

Forwards: S.Johnson - Franklin - Fyfe - Walker - Hurley - J. Brown (remember him) J.Butcher  (Porplyzia - T. Walsh)

As I say, just a first draft, bit weak down back and not sure about tne bench players, but would love feed back.

$31k left in the kick. :) :)

underdog11

some very unique choices vitch. I like the choice of connors, but im not too sure about Carlisle or McIntosh though. McIntosh may be at a good price but he could rarely find a game towards the end of the year, because of Goldstein. Pretty good team, 7.5

vitch

Thanks underdog, appreciate your response, you're right about Mcintosh I have been seduced by his price but he'd be hard to keep out of the side if he's fit & well, who would you suggest as a 2nd ruckman in my price range, by the way keep Carlisle to yourself, he's going to be good (don't tell anyone)  ;)

Phasir

Backs - risky at best.. doubtful that Lake, Hargreaves, Conners, or Buntine will all be worth the selections

Mids - don't need to say anything about the first 3, they're guns. simple as that.
D.Swallow might take some more time to develop but could go alright
unfortunately Dalzeill seems to be on the outer at W.Coast.. knocks out 30+ possession games in the WAFL almost every week but then his run dies in the ass when he gets to AFL, not sure if he'll get many chances this year.
THE GAFF could be this year's Fyfe, was rocking out the 100 DT point games when he finally got the vest off, hopefully he gets way more game time this year.

Rucks - fair bit of cash sitting on the bench, can only assume you have some strategy in there.

Fwds - lots of tall timber, not necessarily the best DT combo ever, hopefulyl J.Brown gets back to his dominance, would've like to fit him in my team too..

Overall - pretty decent, like you say the backline's weak but could be shuffled to hold up alright, the rest of the team's fairly solid, not spectacular but won't be one of those crappy 800 averaging teams we all get in our leagues, nice job :)

vitch

Thanks Phasir, comprehensive response, lots to work with and much appreciated, will ponder & re-post, would be very interested then in any further comment.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jake Carlisle, Tony Armstrong, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty
Mark Baguley, Simon Tunbridge

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Dustin Martin, Michael Barlow, Shaun Burgoyne, Andrew Gaff
Koby Stevens, James McDonald

Matthew Leuenberger, Zac Smith
Orren Stephenson, Adam Pattison

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Jonathan Brown, Gary Rohan, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad
Jeremy Cameron, Dayne Zorko

Lots of changes, the more I look and fiddle, the more confusing it gets - so what do you think - getting warmer or cooer ??

vitch

TEAM NAME: hirdmentality
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Carlisle, B. Lake, D. Connors, M. Clarke (A. Browne, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Barlow, S. Burgoyne, A. Gaff, S. Coniglio (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Brown, G. Rohan, J. Cameron (B. Smedts, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $39,900

I hope a little more balanced ??? I notice that I have 4 clubs not represented, is that a concern ??? don't know whether I have a full handle on the bye weeks yet. would love some constructive comment please guys.

Roy.G.Biv

Backline looks weak.
Wouldn't have Burgoyne in the mids.
Fyfe may be a better upgrade target.
Bye structure is sound.

Windigo

Backline is too weak. Too much relies on Waters, Connors & Lake. Too dodgy.

All good except for Burgoyne. But if you know something we don't be my guest.  :P

Gazza Rohan might have a breakout but I'd rather have a rookie and then upgrade Connors.

oc16

Backline- Lake and Connors are too risky and at their prices u could get two mature aged rookies like Tom Mohr (GWS) and Brandon Ellis (Richmond), both of whom will most likely start the season in their respective clubs best 22.

Mids- The only thing that i can really fault is Burgoyne, as said by the others, unless u know something that we dont, he is too overpriced for my liking and he is not going to improve his average to make it go above 90, meaning there are better options. U could either get swan with the money u saved from getting those rookie in ur backline i suggested or another rookie like Dylan Shiel.

Rucks- Decent, can't really fault it.

Forwards- Im still not sold on Brown, probs better going for someone like Porplyzia whom is about 130k cheaper.

I hope this helps u, and good luck!