Adam Selwood

Started by Raiden, January 13, 2012, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Selwood, think he can crank it back up to 2010 avg's as a (Def)?

Yes
1 (4.3%)
No
8 (34.8%)
I'd prefer J Selwood, or no Selwood
6 (26.1%)
Watch him in the NAB
5 (21.7%)
Just another Selwood Muppet, apart from J-Selwood
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Raiden

If he can get back to his 2010 avg (90's), would be a great pick up @ low 300K's - Might just envy his bro being named captain, & crank it up a notch in 2012. Thoughts?

popedelio

sorry mate he is a pass. in 2010 he was playing midfield and in 2011 he was moved into defense with a tagging role to give way for younger blood like shuey and s selwood. I am assuming he will continue his 2011 role

Raiden

Quote from: popedelio on January 13, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
sorry mate he is a pass. in 2010 he was playing midfield and in 2011 he was moved into defense with a tagging role to give way for younger blood like shuey and s selwood. I am assuming he will continue his 2011 role

Great reply, & response - Popedelio i didn't know alot about this guy. Thanks. 

Off Tap

With the new guys coming through I think there's going to be a bit less pressure on him which might free him up to score a bit better. The focus will be more on Shuey etc and I've got a hunch he'll be on the improve this year and I'm considering him.

It will be interesting to see how he goes in the preseason because when he's on he's a good scorer.

dmagnus

Nah he's done. Never was that great for DT anyways

Andrew

+1 on that and I'm and Eagles fan.

Quote from: Off Tap on January 13, 2012, 09:36:18 PM
With the new guys coming through I think there's going to be a bit less pressure on him which might free him up to score a bit better. The focus will be more on Shuey etc and I've got a hunch he'll be on the improve this year and I'm considering him.

It will be interesting to see how he goes in the preseason because when he's on he's a good scorer.

He had been a good scorer up until last season but now he does the number one lockdown job in defence. Obviously if there was a major change to this in the NAB Cup and he started playing the loose role or more of a midfield tagging role, that'd change, but it appears very unlikely as players with better disposal - namely Hurn, Smith and Waters - are floating around the WCE defence.

Off Tap

Quote from: Andrew on January 14, 2012, 03:34:32 AM

+1 on that and I'm and Eagles fan.

Quote from: Off Tap on January 13, 2012, 09:36:18 PM

He had been a good scorer up until last season but now he does the number one lockdown job in defence. Obviously if there was a major change to this in the NAB Cup and he started playing the loose role or more of a midfield tagging role, that'd change, but it appears very unlikely as players with better disposal - namely Hurn, Smith and Waters - are floating around the WCE defence.

Agree with you there totally.

Windigo

Aren't you forgetting about the young gun?

Scott Selwood. I tip him for a big breakout year. Number one in tackling last year means he can rack up the point without getting big scores.

He is number one on my watch list come NAB.

Raiden

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2012, 12:34:51 PM

Scott Selwood. I tip him for a big breakout year. Number one in tackling last year means he can rack up the point without getting big scores.

I dunno man, Scott Selwwod is a bit pricey for a mid range premium, Sloane is like 1K cheaper, & imo will rack up more numbers this yr, in saying that Scott seem's to be a Jack Redden in the making, a tackling machine!

Windigo

Jack Redden like player indeed. Set for a Jack Redden type breakout season. I think it's obvious he will up the average. I'm tipping an explosion anyway.

JackBeQuick

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2012, 12:34:51 PM

If Scooter was still a DEF like a couple years ago, he would easily make my 4th defender.
While his numbers were good, he was getting the #1 tagging job last year. Doubt he will reach premium MID status this year.
Wouldn't be unhappy if I'm proved wrong.