2nd ruck* zac smith or zac Clarke

Started by Wbdfan, January 18, 2012, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbdfan

Currently gonna be running big coxy as ruck
Don't know wether to put smithy or clarke in.
Smith is main ruck but might have 2nd year blues
Clarke will b playing more for Lyon I would b thinking

valkorum

Clarke has been training as a forward all pre-season so not sure if he will spend much time in the middle.

nichsa673

And @nd year rule may not apply to Smith because he is a couple years older.

brodman_18

SydneyRox

If you are set on going this way - which I wouldnt endorse, then Smith over Clarke. He is the number 1 ruckman at his team, has a full preseason under his belt now and I agree with Nichsa, the 2nd year rule wont affect him as much due to the extra years. Still very questionable what Clarkes role is going to be at Freo

Speculator

Grazz

Smith but i would strongly suggest you go 2 gun Ruckmen and 2 rookies, so much easier to just set and forget. Thats how i like to set up my ruck, then not have to worry about it unless something like Turf Toe rears its ugly head to spoil my fun lol. I think Smith will have another good year no question and will improve on last year by travelling better into the 2nd part of the season where he got tired last year but doubt he will rival the likes of Cox, Sandi, Mummy, Luey, Goldy etc.

Hawka

Im gona say Clarke he has been training with the forwards but this means marks and goals,Smith may not improve this year but may be on and if Clarke impresses he may be the main targwet if Pav spends heaps of time in the middie

valkorum

Quote from: hawka26 on January 18, 2012, 07:00:04 PM
Im gona say Clarke he has been training with the forwards but this means marks and goals,Smith may not improve this year but may be on and if Clarke impresses he may be the main targwet if Pav spends heaps of time in the middie

Lyon has been saying all pre-season that Pav will be playing predominantly up forward

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on January 18, 2012, 07:04:40 PM
Quote from: hawka26 on January 18, 2012, 07:00:04 PM

Lyon has been saying all pre-season that Pav will be playing predominantly up forward

Good news.

Wbdfan

I think I might roll with smith pending that someone else doesnt grab my attention thru nab cup
Gonna go with o.Stephenson and Giles on the bench but I think most people r doing this anyway