Dal Santo vs Montagna vs Hayes

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, January 28, 2012, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

Which one? All are stars, Dal Santo is a lil overpriced for mine, Montagna is underpriced a little, and Hayes in my opinion is well worth the risk at his price. I just can't pick which one to lock into my team.

Atm it's Montagna, but all three have been in my team at different stages.

Manbearpig

Well, I would stick with Montagna, but give serious consideration to Dal. I don't think Hayes can get back to premium status coming off a knee injury. I predict a 90-100 average. Dal, as you say, is possibly over-priced, whereas Montagna could increase his output by 10ppg or more with Hayes back.

But consider that Dal Santo has averaged 112+ ppg for six out of the last seven years. So you pay a premium, but he's unlikely to let you down.

charliesheen

AndrewY

Same as what happened to the Saints. Minds were not on it.

charliesheen

Do you think that will change in '12.

I guess what it comes down to is whether you think they will be a top 7 mid, or maybe say top 10.

Who knows..

Swallow12

Quote from: Manbearpig on January 28, 2012, 03:56:37 PM
Well, I would stick with Montagna, but give serious consideration to Dal. I don't think Hayes can get back to premium status coming off a knee injury. I predict a 90-100 average. Dal, as you say, is possibly over-priced, whereas Montagna could increase his output by 10ppg or more with Hayes back.

But consider that Dal Santo has averaged 112+ ppg for six out of the last seven years. So you pay a premium, but he's unlikely to let you down.
Agreed, he might drop in value at some points but at the end of the season he will be top 6 for sure

lozza63

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 28, 2012, 03:35:14 PM
Which one? All are stars, Dal Santo is a lil overpriced for mine, Montagna is underpriced a little, and Hayes in my opinion is well worth the risk at his price. I just can't pick which one to lock into my team.

Atm it's Montagna, but all three have been in my team at different stages.

Hey Hoggy

Dal Santo - He is not "overpriced", he, as most players are, simply priced at his average from last year. Can he maintain this 119 - 120 - i agree it would seem difficult for him to do so, though not out of the question - Dal may represent some tasty upgrade material during the season. In reality blokes like Murphy and Selwood represent more upside in better teams, so hard to pick from the start.

Hayes - there is no way i could jump on a bloke who is 32 in a midfield that only fits six guys. We all want those guys to average 115-120 plus for 22 games - sorry Lenny cant see you doing it. The 422k is a teasing price is all - in the end he'll most likely end up being an unsatisfactory mid clogger languishing at M6.

Monty - definitely on the radar - at 28 can see him getting near his best 115 - 120 ish. Thing is though we need him and those Saints to "mentally click" under Waters and press the top 6 - best of these three for mine.