Midfielder with the bye in rnd 13 for under 105 k

Started by Matt_352, January 04, 2012, 05:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt_352

are there any midfield rooks that have the bye in rnd 13 that are a good pick for under 105 k ?

CuStArDaRm

Not sure but I would suggest to get the best player you can no matter what bye they have because its more than likely you would have traded the rookie out by then anyway.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 04, 2012, 07:05:22 PM
Not sure but I would suggest to get the best player you can no matter what bye they have because its more than likely you would have traded the rookie out by then anyway.

+1 agreed don't worry about rookie byes so much 10 rounds to fatten them and slaughter them (upgrade) just have your keepers on the right bye rounds.

As for your question at this stage : NO. You will need to wait for NAB cup and announcement from clubs to see who is worth having but there are none that jump out and say pick me :(

Kuruki

Cant think of any from the round 13 bye teams.
Like said above, don't worry so much what bye round your rookies have, just get on the hungriest little calf. The only rookies you should really be concerned about bye's for, are the one's who you think will be in your team for a large chunk of the season. Giles, Coniglio, Tyson, Morris, Shiels these guys who you think will avg enough to hang onto while you improve your team around them, possibly even holding a few of them as handy bench cover.
I myself am planning to do some milking before round 11 comes along. It's in this period where i will pay allot more attention to who i am buying and selling in regards to bye's.

lolrocket

I will reiterate the fact that byes don't matter so much for rookies but Kyal Horsely is a rookie who might be a good pick who has a rd 13 bye anyway.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: lolrocket on January 04, 2012, 10:32:29 PM
I will reiterate the fact that byes don't matter so much for rookies but Kyal Horsely is a rookie who might be a good pick who has a rd 13 bye anyway.

+1

Was just reading an article on DTTalk about the premiums put on mature age and gun rooks and horsely was amongst them, looked into him and your right he is looking the goods, it is a crowded GC midfield for mie but they reckon he will slot straight in?? will see in NAB Cup I guess.

CuStArDaRm

haha I have Horsely in my side atm so i guess i do know of a rook witha round 13 bye :)

That said obviously at this stage he is a speculative pick to some degree. So yeh as everyone has reiterated just pick the best available player.

lolrocket

Just realised that Horsely is $119k anyway :P

And I do reckon that Horsely would be in the side. For the most part those GC mids are still small, Horsely on the other hand is built a bit like chapman, something they need

Holz

the only round 13 rookie im considering is wingard but thats not because he is round 13. I would follow everyone elses advice either pay the cash for wingard or pick up a round 11 or 12 rookie.

Virgil

The bye round doesn't really matter for your rookies, because you probably will have sold them by then anyway.