Recognition as a fantasy coach

Started by auscoyote, January 28, 2012, 08:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auscoyote

Hey Guys, and girls of course
Just want to get all your thoughts on an idea that supercoach and dreamteam could do for next year.I think virtual sports design them dont they! Anyway my idea was to have some sort of hall of fame for the coaches on your team page or somewhere.Wouldnt it be great to be able to look back over your past seasons and have averages and info like highest and lowest rankings, leauges entered  and leagues won. Average spot on the ladder. Average price rise of your teams over the years. your most valued and picked player. donuts conceded, best rookie picks of the bat The list goes on. You could have that individually, Also on the ranking and league pages next to your name you could have little footy icons or stars whatever of previous sesaons eg

Top 100 - platinum footy
top 1000 - gold footy
top 5000 silver footy
top 10,000 bronze footy

and if ya like Impromtu SCE you would get a little premiership cup next to your name as well.

This way when you check the rankings or see any teams/coaches name you would get a quick ref of how good they are. It would be interesting to see the rankings in the first few weeks of the season and how many coloured footys they got next to their name. I mean we are all here to to as well as possiible and possibly have some bragging rights. It would be nice to have  your past seasons coaching efforts rewarded by a simple platinum or bronze footy(and hopefully a cup this year lol) beside ya name in recognition of your dedication and skill to either SC or DT.

Your thoughts on this would be good, or maybe you just got another way to improve the great game that takes up so much of our time that is fantasy AFL. Ya gotta love it!

Ps for DT imagine coming up against someone in eliminator in the first half and then seeing  2 platinum and a gold beside their name Oh S**T , then the satisfaction of just beating a well season skilled coach.

We would eventually find out if there is any Mick's, Leigh's, or Kevin's out there in fantasy land.

kilbluff1985

Each week i just look at my opponents list then i can decide my chances of winnings but your idea is good i think if someone wins a league they should sent something they can put up at there home to remind there friends of the victory lol

auscoyote

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on January 28, 2012, 08:37:26 PM
Each week i just look at my opponents list then i can decide my chances of winnings but your idea is good i think if someone wins a league they should sent something they can put up at there home to remind there friends of the victory lol
Yeah i know you can pretty much sum up your opponent for the week by looking at their list but that doesn't necessarily reflect their skills as a career coach. It would be a lot of data for SC / DT to keep but it would basically be rankings of your career over the seasons not just the season your playing at the moment. For instance if i see teams/coaches with alot of gold or platinum  footys next to their name below me in the rankings their is a good chance they will be coming home strong. We all now Impromtu won the cup but can you tell me a coach who has finished top 100 3 years running. If you see one with 3 platinum footy's next to his name you might want to click on it to check out his stats as a career coach as its quite an achievement. Just a bit of recognition.

I know i cant remember all my career stats and i surely cant remember where i finished in my first season 10 - 15 k i think. but it would be nice to know. And if a guy at the pub asks ya about ya coaching you could say 2 gold 2 silver and a bronze. Check the rankings board.

WEEEagles

Nice thinking. Would create an interesting aspect to things I think. Can't see anyone ever getting any prizes for leagues though, apart from the certificate. They'd have to start charging entry to pay for it. Some  of the other stats and trophies would be cool.